Fly Tying
eastern fly

My next swap

Photographing all the flies at the end and posting them here is something I would gladly do. I have 30+ years of experience as a commercial photographer, so I think I can come up with results that will be acceptable. I think it gives a swap a nice finishing touch to have photos of all the flies posted, so everyone else can see what they missed.

Thank you that would be great.

Kevin

Kevin, I hate to report that I am going to have to drop out, we are having a massive remodel done on our two bathrooms and I am going to be living in a hotel room for the next several weeks(5-6) and I don't think I will have a place to do any tying while there, sorry for dropping out, but we just found this out last week.

Blane

Kevin, I hate to report that I am going to have to drop out, we are having a massive remodel done on our two bathrooms and I am going to be living in a hotel room for the next several weeks(5-6) and I don't think I will have a place to do any tying while there, sorry for dropping out, but we just found this out last week.

Blane

Thats ok I do that kind of work so I know how it goes. Thanks and see you next time.

Kevin

Blane

True translation: My wife hired a contractor to fix the bathrooms that I tried to remodel and insisted that we go to the hotel till its finished so I wont bug the contractors while the do the work as for tying I am in the dog house enough as it is already so to save face I am leaving my tying equipment home and going to kiss a little butt so she will forgive me when she finds out I did some work in the basement :lol: sorry you had to drop out of this one bro hope atleast you get the bathrooms all done without to much trouble total remods can be a PITA

Blane

True translation: My wife hired a contractor to fix the bathrooms that I tried to remodel and insisted that we go to the hotel till its finished so I wont bug the contractors while the do the work as for tying I am in the dog house enough as it is already so to save face I am leaving my tying equipment home and going to kiss a little butt so she will forgive me when she finds out I did some work in the basement :lol: sorry you had to drop out of this one bro hope atleast you get the bathrooms all done without to much trouble total remods can be a PITA

:lol: Paul, I'm sure he appreciates you giving away his secret. However, I've found it easier (smarter) to send the wife to a hotel while I do the repairs/ remodels....nothing I hate more than "advice" from someone with no construction background while I'm trying to work

Blane

:lol: Paul, I'm sure he appreciates you giving away his secret. However, I've found it easier (smarter) to send the wife to a hotel while I do the repairs/ remodels....nothing I hate more than "advice" from someone with no construction background while I'm trying to work

AMEN on that one!

Kevin

In between busting my hump and laughing , my roofer told me to stay off of "his" roof ( which happens to be on MY house.) Seems he didn't like my repair work from last year. I also want to know how a roofer can be sooooo informed about masonry to make more comments about my patchwork on the back of my garage. Maybe commercial lenders should stay out of the building trades???

Oh h#@$ no I'm not doing the repairs, it includes possible foundation repairs, wayyyy beyond my abilities. This one goes to the contractor for sure, have done some types of repairs, but this is too much for me. Hopefully I will be back in the house shortly after X-Mas, but not sure yet.

Blane

In between busting my hump and laughing , my roofer told me to stay off of "his" roof ( which happens to be on MY house.) Seems he didn't like my repair work from last year. I also want to know how a roofer can be sooooo informed about masonry to make more comments about my patchwork on the back of my garage. Maybe commercial lenders should stay out of the building trades???

As a former construction worker, here's a 1 word answer.....YES!

I have been looking for a US distributor for Kamasan Hooks. Most of the overseas places dont want to deal with the money exchange. Does anyone know where I can get them? I may have to use a sub.

Kevin

The U.S. distributor is Gordan Griffiths. They are a British company but they have an outlet in Michigan. This may be history as it has been a few years since I've done any business with them. You will the hooks are identical to Dia-Riki as they are made at the same factory.

I just found out that Gordan passed on a year or so ago. His son used to do the U.S. business out of SE Michigan.

I have been looking for a US distributor for Kamasan Hooks. Most of the overseas places dont want to deal with the money exchange. Does anyone know where I can get them? I may have to use a sub.

Kevin

The U.S. distributor is Gordan Griffiths. They are a British company but they have an outlet in Michigan. This may be history as it has been a few years since I've done any business with them. You will the hooks are identical to Dia-Riki as they are made at the same factory.

I just found out that Gordan passed on a year or so ago. His son used to do the U.S. business out of SE Michigan.

Do you know a cross reference number? When I tryed to match them up I wasn't sure.

Kevin

Kevin

Do you know a cross reference number? When I tryed to match them up I wasn't sure.

Kevin

No cross reference here but give me the Kamasan number and describe the style of hook and I'll go back through some of my old order logs and see if

I can figure it out for you.

Kevin

Kevin

No cross reference here but give me the Kamasan number and describe the style of hook and I'll go back through some of my old order logs and see if

Kamasan B940 Aberdeen - Size 1-0 I can find it over seas but some dont ship this way. I also don't like some of te prices to get it here.

Kevin

Kevin

Kevin

Kamasan B940 Aberdeen - Size 1-0 I can find it over seas but some dont ship this way. I also don't like some of te prices to get it here.

Kevin

The closest thing that I can find is Mustad # 37363-BE straight eye, round bend, light wire and sizes: 8 through 3/0 its in their classic hook area of their catalog. The cat. number is the current one. Hope this helps.

Also the # 3489D might be what your looking for looks to be more of a sprout bend and heavier wire, also Mustad.

Im in if you still have that opening Eastern?

Thanx,

cheers,

shane

post-15795-0-33907200-1321104180_thumb.jpg