Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

Nice variety of fish, William. Wolf fish ... looks like another toothy critter ... do they fight hard and long, or give up quickly?

Thank you Mike!

They fight strong but not big runners, is very aggressive to. They eat any animal that falls into the water.The favorite dish of them are small rodents, small birds and frogs... In the style of pikes.

I love them with fly fishing and artificial lures.

As usual, I spent most of today on the St. Johns River. Fished weed lines and pads in a side pool know as Hickory Slough and Mud Lake.

When I got there, it was beautifully calm.

I caught a few LMB ... nothing over two pounds.

I caught numerous sunfish ... several different species. The Coppernose Bluegill were the largest. Took 5 home to add to the fish fry amount.

Almost every fish came to my favorite fly.

Not sure if I am adding this correctly, I guess once I hit post we shall see. A few pictures from the Sava Bohinjka river in Slovenia, and then a few from the Nagold River in Germany. This is my first year fly fishing so I am particularly proud of catching a few fish on a fly(streamer) produced from my first fly tying class. All of the fish are between 40 and 50 cm, nothing gigantic but were very fun during the fight.

post-50630-0-91577600-1382860130_thumb.jpgpost-50630-0-27720400-1382860184_thumb.jpgpost-50630-0-16085900-1382860254_thumb.jpgpost-50630-0-24575500-1382860294_thumb.jpgpost-50630-0-34939600-1382860343_thumb.jpgpost-50630-0-45490600-1382860399_thumb.jpgpost-50630-0-92616500-1382860452_thumb.jpg

Best day ever fishing for anadromous fish. 4 Coho and a Steelhead within 3 hours. All on a 4wt rod because my 8wt broke as I was putting it together for the first time. Landed the Steelhead on 4x tippet.

Here's one of the smaller Coho. My other pictures were crappy because my lens fogged up.

yinl.jpg

Yo Steiner, that almost looks like a steelhead, you remember if it has spots on the tail? Def looks a bit bow like. Nice!

mikechell, where did all your pics go on this thread? To me it is all blank and you saying things, or are they just ghost fish bro? :P

mikechell, where did all your pics go on this thread? To me it is all blank and you saying things, or are they just ghost fish bro? tongue.png

I went through a ... phase ... about a year ago. Got a little P.O.d and almost left the site. I started getting rid of all traces ... then changed my mind.

Awww, yeah there is some absolutely crazy talented tyers using this forum not to mention fly anglers!

Yo Steiner, that almost looks like a steelhead, you remember if it has spots on the tail? Def looks a bit bow like. Nice!

mikechell, where did all your pics go on this thread? To me it is all blank and you saying things, or are they just ghost fish bro? tongue.png

No way, 100% coho