Fly Tying
Li'lDave

Flats Fly Swap

I got the Bunny Leeches tied today. I have feathers I could use for the Cockroach but I want better so I ordered an American Rooster Cape which should be here tomorrow. I may have got one of the only ones in the States, I looked and called for 4 hours till I found one available in Michigan. There were dyed ones around but a natural grizzly was tough to locate. I'll give a shout out to Dereck, a great guy, http://www.leroyflytying.com/store/

011212bl.jpg

Im in Lil Dave. Sorry it took me so long to respond.

Im going to do two types of bendback flys. Hope that works

Sweet chef...

Welk thats a confirmed full swap

:D

One extra tier means we'll tie 6 sets. And from the looks if eaglerapids flies we're in for a good un!

The Cockroaches are tied, just have to get a couple more coats on the heads, the toe tags and figure out a container to get these guys to Australia:-). I don't have a clue how much this postage will be.

011412ctf.jpg

Sexy ties eaglerapids!

6 of each?

Dave, there are 7 tiers total in this one, so you will need to tie up 7 of each of your two flies for a total of 14. One extra person was added....

The Cockroaches are tied, just have to get a couple more coats on the heads, the toe tags and figure out a container to get these guys to Australia:-). I don't have a clue how much this postage will be.

I looked on the usps website and it will cost you around 3 dollars to send the flies there from the USA if you ship it the slowest way. I think it usually takes around 10 - 15 business days to get something to Australia.

-Forrest

Yes Li'lDave, I've tied 6 of each to send you. That postage isn't bad, I actually expected it would be a little more expensive.

Famill00, as I understand it, there is no need to tie one of each for yourself and send them to the SM. It just adds to the postage. So if there are 7 tiers you send 6 of each, making a total of 12 flies........correct?

Of course this doesn't mean that a guy shouldn't send a few extra to the SM for his work in organizing the swap in the first place.

Sexy ties eaglerapids!

6 of each?

Just remember you won't get any of yours back... So should be 6 ties... I think anyway....

Dave, there are 7 tiers total in this one, so you will need to tie up 7 of each of your two flies for a total of 14. One extra person was added....

Time for an update. I'm sad to say that my family and I are in the midst of a crisis and I'm unsettled and fearful of the immediate future.

However, tonight I got started in honoring my commitment and tying my first pattern was therapeutic. I don't know what the next few days hold in store but I hope to have the second pattern finished soon.

Look after yourself Jax! Family first!

Thank you, Dave, but I hate to bail on my very first swap. And to be honest I think I need it. I need an outlet to keep my mind off the situation I'm in and this will hopefully give me a moment of mental freedom.

Jax, hang in there, I hope everything works out for you. There is still plenty of time in this swap.

I got my flies in the mail to you today Li'lDave, I'm curious to see how long they take to get there. The Post Office lady said 7 to 10 days.