Fly Tying
Li'lDave

Flats Fly Swap

This is what I've been working on for my first pattern. Might do a crab for the second batch. Still undecided.

flats-swap-lfs-shrimp-640.jpg

Very nice Jax!

This is what I've been working on for my first pattern. Might do a crab for the second batch. Still undecided.

flats-swap-lfs-shrimp-640.jpg

Very nice Jax!

Whicked looking Cary.

I started tying mine today, but then realized that I should probably use stainless hooks. I will try and correct that over the weekend then get on these.

-Forrest

I started tying mine today, but then realized that I should probably use stainless hooks. I will try and correct that over the weekend then get on these.

-Forrest

:D

Picture tent thing certainly is helping! Having some trouble figuring out the macro stuff and messing with the manual focus, but this didnt turn out half bad! Thanks for tips Eagle! And of course this is one of my ties for the swap (even though I already posted pics of one).

IMG_9023.jpg

Thank you sir!

I just finished my second set today. Decided to tie up some Coupon Crabs. Was originally going to do bendbacks but didn't feel like dealing with epoxy. Hopefully everyone likes them.

IMG_9044.jpg

Why is this so hard? I have tier's block. I knocked the shrimp out in no time but I've tried three different crab patterns and I'm just not feeling it. Part of the problem is that I don't really have the hackles/schlappen I want and I don't know when the order will be here. My substitutions aren't creating what I want. I think it's time to come up with another idea...

Why is this so hard? I have tier's block. I knocked the shrimp out in no time but I've tried three different crab patterns and I'm just not feeling it. Part of the problem is that I don't really have the hackles/schlappen I want and I don't know when the order will be here. My substitutions aren't creating what I want. I think it's time to come up with another idea...

I know the feeling! I am running real low on hackle and schlappen. I want to bite the bullet and get some good hackle but am just not sure what the most versitle for me would be. White or grizzly for sure, but I dont know what kind of cape or neck or whatever would be best!

Good luck Jax. Find something that you like to tie, and go at it..

Ok, finally settled on my second pattern and knocked them all out tonight. Next mission is the PO!

Oh poo. I only tied 6 of the shrimp. Back to the vise for one more. B)