Fly Tying
Flies & Photos

Speckled Trout Fly SWAP

Great looking flies Panama!!! Beer looks almost as inviting. Hey I think I hear a Stella calling from the fridge now. I'm out!!!

Holy smokes! I hope you guys like these flies! I just timed myself. 20 min/fly! :blink:

Two more to go and I PROMISE they'll be in the mail Mon!

ETA: Finished!

3e83ea566b1c98b0646cb4e2336f87ab_294405_lrg.jpg

Jax those flies look incredible. I'm sure the reds and trout will destroy them, but I think I may hang on to mine until I can head south and go for some snook with that thing. Looks like it would do great around the mullet schools

Thanks guys! The chair is against the wall. Um, I mean, the package is in the mail. :unsure:

I'd love to hear how they work on snook. One of these days I'll head south. That's one species I'd like to snag. I've got a friend in Vero who was telling me about nailing them around his parent's dock.

Thanks guys! The chair is against the wall. Um, I mean, the package is in the mail. :unsure:

I'd love to hear how they work on snook. One of these days I'll head south. That's one species I'd like to snag. I've got a friend in Vero who was telling me about nailing them around his parent's dock.

Look great Jax!

Alright guys, I've got everyone's flies in. Photos will come soon and the flies will go in the mail on Monday! This swap has been the best yet. You all were so conversational, friendly and responsive. Best yet fo sho.

-Dave

mine arent the prettiest ive ever tied but i hope the idea will get yall thinking. i really liked the motion. look forward to seeing some other styles.

thanx for putting this one together F&P

now if the wind will back down so i can flyak.

L8R

hutch

There is some real good fishing down in that area. The docks will will be a good bet at night during the summer months, especially if he has lights

I tried to put a bug in his ear again today. He said he was tying up some more flies so it sounds like he'll be heading home again. I tried to look sad and pathetic. We'll see if he picked up on it. :D

Ahoy Swappers! Wow, what an eclectic group of flies. Each one different from the other and the work that went into some of these flies was inspiring. This was my favorite swap bar none. You guys were a pleasure to swap with. I hope you enjoy the photos. I should've have devoted more time to them, but these last few weeks have been very busy. I can't wait to get these flies in the water! Flies are going in the mail on Tuesday. Sorry about not getting them out today.

post-2933-0-61966500-1332816989_thumb.jpg

post-2933-0-69623700-1332816995_thumb.jpg

post-2933-0-81861700-1332817002_thumb.jpg

post-2933-0-89874800-1332817011_thumb.jpg

post-2933-0-58580200-1332817019_thumb.jpg

post-2933-0-55433100-1332817024_thumb.jpg

post-2933-0-72406200-1332817031_thumb.jpg

post-2933-0-85630000-1332817037_thumb.jpg

post-2933-0-40240300-1332817046_thumb.jpg

What an awesome bunch of flies, these are going straight to the top of my box. Y'all are some talented folks.

Dave, thank you for hosting a most excellent swap...

I too had a happy mailbox today!!! Great job everyone, I will be in the Keys in two weeks and might just have a chance at casting a few of these. Hats off to our host, this was a fun swap with a lot of interaction. Good luck on the water...

Tight loops and tight lines...