Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Fly Tying Bench - JD45

This is not a bench, but a good storage idea for antron yarn (plus other spooled material). The good news is that both components are made in USA. I was so sick of pulling/pushing those pink plugs into the spools I came up with this idea. I use it for antron, wire and some types of tinsel.The grommets are from Wester Rubber Supply. The item number is MR-200-1089, 1/16" GROMMET 60 SBR. I used a 13/64 drill, but 7/32 might work OK.Hope you like it.

img4f5fe34825209.jpg

img4f5fe3496f496.jpg

img4f5fe34ab2718.jpg

img4f5fe34bf38a1.jpg

img4f5fe34d41a9d.jpg

View the full article

Now, that's a great idea! I am constantly getting tangled up in the loose ends of this and that on the bench. I've got several boxes like that sitting around doing nothing - I'm gonna put them to work.

Thanks!

Ditto all of the above. Those flying loose ends can drive you nuts and that idea should solve it.

Dave

Super idea-allow me to join the ranks of copycats. I used the same box and used grommets made by the Hillman Group size 11/32outside diameter by 1/8 inside diameter(H#881258) that I purchased at Lowe's,about 55% cheaper than ordering from Western Rubber supply. Thanks again sir.

Is that a friken cool idea or what. Dude , you need to corner the market on that little idea. Bravo!!