Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Whitner

EP Body Crab/Shrimp

So I've been playing around with some EP fibers and found a pattern I enjoy tying (more than an EP Merkin) that the reds have been loving.....

75C419ED-DF99-48BE-A6BD-0542EC5E69EC-2761-000003DA7BAB460A.jpg

CFAED3F0-E2D6-4B4E-BB7E-E54634B7AFA2-2761-000003DAB13B63AE.jpg

My home is East Central Florida. I fish the Indian River Lagoon system. I make my way to the Keys a few times a year though to chase bonefish and permit.

Great looking bugs. Many years ago I used to tie for the Fly Fisheman shop when Liz and Frank Steele owned it. That area is a dream come true for shallow waters that you can access by 'yak, skiff, or just wade....

That is a great tie. Does anyone know of a video that shows the method that produces this effect of the body of this urchin?

Ditz and SCOwens, it's regular EP fibers. Will put some pics up this evening on how I stack the fibers to get this look.

Thanks man, I appreciate it, I have some new material coming tonight and will be putting it to use this weekend, gotta clean up my bench looks like a Hurricane blew through haha