Fly Tying
SCOwens

Will someone please .....

Host a saltwater flats swap, I have yet to particpate in one and the ones I like seem to fill up quite fast. I have been waiting on a shrimp and crab swap but have yet to see one and I can't host one due to inexperience. If you start one count me in.

Thanks guys

Sounds like it might be fun, but after reading all the horror stories about disappearing swappers, late entries, insufficient postage, etc., etc., I've been reluctant to get involved in swaps. If all it takes to enter is typing the words "I'm in," there's really no way to keep the slackers out. Maybe there's another way to do it. Suggestions?

Peter a way to get around those problems is an invitation only swap. Start by inviting someone that you think you would like to trade flies with, if he accepts he will get to invite someone and so on until the required number is met. Just a thought.

I love the idea of a saltwater swap, I've done one or two saltwater but the most common swap is for trout. If this goes ahead please bear me in mind.

I agree that it can be annoying when people disappear or something goes wrong. I've been doing swap for a long time and only had it happen a couple of times.

I've participated in quite a few swaps (always good fun) and have pondered hosting one from time to time. I'd be willing to step up to the plate in next month or so when the fishing starts to slow and the weather cools a bit.

The talent pool here is phenomenal, and whenever I've participated just about everyone picks a pattern and posts pictures...I think it might be fun to set a few parameters like size range, inshore/flats, etc... Whatever the collective finds acceptable.

One idea that strikes me as fun no matter the parameters is the idea of a blind swap, no pictures, no description...However, it must be a fly you use (or have used) and provide a picture of the fly with a fish you caught with it. Pics will be posted along with photo's of submission after flies have been put in the mail.

????

Panama does it count if its a new fly and you have had fish eat it but not managed to put them in your hands yet haha

Panama does it count if its a new fly and you have had fish eat it but not managed to put them in your hands yet haha

If you fish it and they eat it we're getting close...It will be at least a month out, i still have some fishing to catch up on. If you are willing to send an affidavit signed in blood and a sketch in crayon, I'm sure we could work something :D

You know me, Im game..

About the fish catching part..hmm Ill have to contact somebody that is good at photoshop :unsure:

You know me, Im game..

About the fish catching part..hmm Ill have to contact somebody that is good at photoshop :unsure:

Be careful what you wish for, Ben.

post-281-0-36711400-1349269617_thumb.jpg

I'd join if there is one. Gotta see what my college courses are gonna be doing but I'm 90% sure I'd be down for it.

All our sustainable, farmed "wild" scottish salmon look that way? The picture was just missing some steroid pumped,drug resistant lice and it could be a perfect match.

All our sustainable, farmed "wild" scottish salmon look that way? The picture was just missing some steroid pumped,drug resistant lice and it could be a perfect match.

And it's a shame - left to their own devices and given half a chance, Atlantic salmon would be doing fine. I've read about what's happened to the wild salmon fishery in Europe, and it's a disgrace. (The U.S. is even worse.) BTW - the fish in the picture is actually a 33-pounder a friend of mine caught and released in Quebec a couple of years ago. He made the mistake of sending me a copy to print. (LOL)