Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
FlyFishin'Jam

Too windy to cast!

But it is! I think i saw a bird flying backwards, i rekon there is going to be ZERO fishing for the next week and that is not good at all! The rivers are turning to chocolate milk, i bet all the trails are underwater. Just trying to figure out when they are going to get back to fishable levels again. My guess is not till next week. %#%$^ Gusts to 100km/h.

The NC mountains are getting hammered too. Fortunately, "This too shall pass." The weather for the weekend looks acceptable, and with 3 days for the streams to settle back down, it could be very good.... :rolleyes:

hell it's easy to cast in this.... you just gotta stand upwind and let it go. your fly might never get to the water, but your line will be WAY out there.

Hahaha, i don't think it even matters which way you face or cast, the line is only going one direction.

Anyone want to fish The Beaverkill in New york tomorrow? Only 80 MPH winds. Some of Western North Carolina is having a blizzard warning tonight with over a foot of snow and some over two foot. Saw on the local news the ski hills are making snow. I was going up to Asheville. NC to the WNC Fly Fishing Show and to hit the South Mills. Hope it is good.

I was thinking about getting it the surf and fish in this. Not bad here in lower Delaware winds where 30 to 50 all day.

winds got bad overnight and now im not sure if they will get worse..

Troutguy, I'll be working the FFF booth at the expo. Stop by and introduce yourself. I hope to fish the N. Mills DH a bit on Friday.

I thought you salt water guys could cast in any weather

Actually, there are times when we can't, but it's considered a sign of weakness to admit it, especially in front of freshwater guys.

Here's what the end of our street looked like yesterday. (you have to hit the pause button to get a good look) We're normally about 150 yards from the waterfront, but I'd say that was cut to 75 yards at high tide. Usually, there are four miles or so of marsh grass visible, but it was all under water. We got off easy compared to the Northeast. Only lost power for an hour and a half and I slept through it anyway.

The wind is still 25-30 down here in the Indian River lagoon System. 6 days of no fly fishing. With 2 nights dropping to the mid 40's; the shallow water snook fishing is going to slow down about a month 1/2 early.

slept through a hurricane now that is some serious ZZs I have trouble sleeping in a rainstorm in MI

I can sleep anywhere, as more than one former employer can attest. I once fell asleep in an MRI machine, and a couple of times on the examining table while I was waiting for the doctor to come in. Guess you could say it's a gift. :lol: