Fly Tying
ironmachin

6/0 Surfin' Merkin

Someone brought up big Merkins on another forum; it was in a discussion about catching Leopard Sharks on the fly--a species that I would very much like to fair hook on my fly rod. I'm going to fish this but I doubt it'll produce anything and probably won't even sink. Kind of just wanted to see what it would look like.

8227976696_2253f25a42_c.jpg

8226907023_6a8b58fca5_c.jpg

it looks cool,and you could always weight it down,as far as somthing biting it,i bet the color would induce some good strikes in the right place

No.1 love the setting on a wod of greens. Nice!

No.2 something about that fly reminds me of old ladies nightwear!

No.3 its bound to push some water and I look forward to hearing your results.

haha that thing is awesome. One suggestion.. add more material with movement. more and longer rubber legs, marabou somehow, finn raccoon.. just some ideas

Do you fly fish for shark? Tied up a fly for shark and Id love to see the darn thing catch something

haha that thing is awesome. One suggestion.. add more material with movement. more and longer rubber legs, marabou somehow, finn raccoon.. just some ideas

Do you fly fish for shark? Tied up a fly for shark and Id love to see the darn thing catch something

Wabbit... wabbit strips are awesome ;)

I am not sure about lemons but I know our bonnetheads up here will turn their nose up at most flies if they get a chance to look at them. If we strip a fly right past their eyes they will hit it out of a reaction but if they get a chance to look at it they don;t get any bio-feedback from the fly ( no heart beat or electro-stimulation) and usually don't eat... I am really interested to see how this works for ya...