Fly Tying
Flies & Photos

Any interest in a Bendback Fly SWAP?

Hello Swappers,

Deceivers are great flies. We all know it. We've all tied 'em. Let's talk about Bendbacks... I like how they cast. Ride with the hook up, so they're naturally weedless, and the sizes and styles vary as much as deceivers. And they're good in lakes or bays.

What better way to pass some time this summer. Swap will start as soon as it fills. We'll leave the end date TBA depending on when this fills. I'll PM my addy when you're ready to mail. 10 flies per swapper. Git'er done.

1. Flies & Photos

2. Li'l Dave

3. eastern fly

4. Bryon Anderson

5. BattenkillBum? aka Swedish Chef

6. riffleriversteelheadslayer

7. vicrider

SWAP IS FULL. Due date is Aug 5th.

Sorry if my post was too vague. But I like leaving these things just open-ended enough to create some suspense and curiosity. Any size or color combo is cool. If you would fish with it, it counts.

I'll get in depending on when you set date. I should be able to get them done before I go to CO for bamboo bash and couple of weeks of fishing the last 2 weeks of month and first couple of days of July. I'll have to order hooks . Who has them?

Ya' know, one of the guys I'll be fishing with in CO recommended bringing a couple of bentbacks so I should do them before I leave.

Okay, no problem on hooks. Guess I can just bend some or use some smaller bass hooks I have in the shed. I'm in. I love streamers anyway.

Tempting.... very tempting.

Are you interested in having an Australian participate?

It usually costs me about $17.50 Australian at most to get my flies to you guys (a little less if I can get the package smaller than 20mm). Cost from the US to me would be about $10 or there-abouts I think.

I will tie something nice and simple, but definately effective... A bend-back clouser.

I hope we will go ahead with this swap even if we don't get 10 people to participate--I'm really looking forward to it. I've not tied bendbacks before (nor fished them), plus I already bought hooks and materials. :)

I agree. I'll give it until Monday the 1st for two more to join. If not, we'll cut it to 8 swappers and get this puppy rolling.

If that's how it goes, which I have a suspicion it will, are we in agreement for 2 flies per tier? I think that puts more meat on the bone for each of us and makes it worthwhile.

Assuming we start Monday July 1st, the due date will be Monday August the 5th.