Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
KOKOEK9

Allens hooks

I don't see anybody mention the free fly boxes. I've ordered from them 3 times, all over $60 over hooks and beads. I got 3 free fly boxes with each order and the quality of the fly boxes was very good. Different boxes each time so they must use up overstock that way but these were all decent boxes and can't beat the price. In my last order there were a couple of boxes in there that I know run over $10 at most fly shops.

And I've been very happy with there hooks, particularly their BL (barbless) lineup.

I have been happy with the hooks that I have brought from Allen. I would like to see some streamer straight eye hooks and some 3x strong nymph hooks in 1 or 2X long. I haven't bought any hooks for a while so maybe they have added these to their inventory.

Hi Everyone,

I was reading though the forum and noticed this. Glad to see many of you happy with using our hooks. It's a product line of ours that has been growing month to month and yearly. I just wanted to address one post about our supplier/mfg. We are "not" having issues with our supply base. I travel to visit them 4 times a year and I'm very happy with them.

Some of you might see a few hooks not in stock. That's only because we have been moving our hooks out of China to Korea and Japan for the last 1.5 years. We even pulled some hooks from stock because I don't want our customers buying one of our old China made hooks and think that's what our new hooks are like.

If I did not want to do this 'All' hooks would be in stock. I would rather sell 'quality' over quantity. This is what makes customers come back in the future. The decision was simple to do this.

With 6 years of data knowing what hooks are our priority those are the ones we stated with. We are also working on smaller sizes and several new hooks. This move was/is expensive so we thought out each step. We are now 90% moved to Korea and Japan. Now, that things are going well and demand had tripled we are increasing production on our popular hooks. Some did run out much faster than expected and restocked asap. I feel this growth is based on our goal to see quality over quantity.

Life is good with our hooks. This is just one step forward for our brand and becoming a more well known worldwide hook brand.

**Dcap240 - The new runs are done. The site will be updated today.

If any one has questions . Please feel free to call me anytime at 574-855-7100

Thank you,

Justin

I was not trying to say anything bad about allen hooks and I said "supposedly" in my post because I did not know it for fact about supply/manufacturing. Just what I heard. I shouldn't of said " a lot of stuff out of stock" because it is not a lot, just a couple of sizes and styles that I prefer. But like I said, I have only heard good things about your products. I look forward to using your hooks and will be placing an order soon. Thanks for clearing that up.

Hi Everyone,

I was reading though the forum and noticed this. Glad to see many of you happy with using our hooks. It's a product line of ours that has been growing month to month and yearly. I just wanted to address one post about our supplier/mfg. We are "not" having issues with our supply base. I travel to visit them 4 times a year and I'm very happy with them.

Some of you might see a few hooks not in stock. That's only because we have been moving our hooks out of China to Korea and Japan for the last 1.5 years. We even pulled some hooks from stock because I don't want our customers buying one of our old China made hooks and think that's what our new hooks are like.

If I did not want to do this 'All' hooks would be in stock. I would rather sell 'quality' over quantity. This is what makes customers come back in the future. The decision was simple to do this.

With 6 years of data knowing what hooks are our priority those are the ones we stated with. We are also working on smaller sizes and several new hooks. This move was/is expensive so we thought out each step. We are now 90% moved to Korea and Japan. Now, that things are going well and demand had tripled we are increasing production on our popular hooks. Some did run out much faster than expected and restocked asap. I feel this growth is based on our goal to see quality over quantity.

Life is good with our hooks. This is just one step forward for our brand and becoming a more well known worldwide hook brand.

**Dcap240 - The new runs are done. The site will be updated today.

If any one has questions . Please feel free to call me anytime at 574-855-7100

Thank you,

Justin

That is another thing that I have found with Allen Flyfishing. They have top notch service, and are very responsive with questions.

i am 100% satisfied with my current selection of allen hooks and their top notch customer service.

i had some concerns on a previous order regarding the allen hook numbering system and that was quickly resolved.

thanks to justin and all the folks at allen.

i'll be buying more to replace some of my current hooks.

justin,

please put the hook number explanation chart that you send with hook orders on your website (if its not already there, i may have missed it) to eliminate any further confusion.

norm

Got my order in today...beyond impressed. Best $58 I ever spent, top notch quality hooks...cannot wait to get to tying!

I had an issue with a missing parcel (international customer) and they sent out a new one no issues. I was very impressed as it would be easy to ignore someone who isn't even in the same country. Haven't tried the barbless hooks yet but will be jumping on those next.