Fly Tying
cheech

November flies from the vise

Well that is just kick ass! Allow me to lower the quality of the thread with some very quick fishing flies...Gil Scott-Heron...haha i am so punny, well not really was a coincidence as i was listening to the album.

post-29540-0-18610700-1385405955_thumb.jpg

Jam and John.. OUTSTANDING. For not being able to find much time at the vise lately your pictures help get the wheels turning of things I want to tie when I finally can! Keep em' coming!!

While not as elegant as most of the flies you all post on here ... this one is for catching sunfish.

I call it Chell's floating ant.

Trying a more classic approach to streamers, need lots of work yet though!

DSC_0029_zps014aa0f8.jpg

could someone tell me what that yellow feather is? im looking to get some but I have nooooo idea what it is because I do not do a lot of classic patterns

Trying a more classic approach to streamers, need lots of work yet though!

DSC_0029_zps014aa0f8.jpg

could someone tell me what that yellow feather is? im looking to get some but I have nooooo idea what it is because I do not do a lot of classic patterns

It's a golden pheasant crest, found on the head of the golden pheasant.

well today I sat down and just to get the juices flowing I started playing with a little hook :lol: I call this one the Fireman I plan on mounting it with the Maltese cross from our station and giving it to our chief for Christmas

post-10925-0-29066400-1385570121_thumb.jpg

I could tell I was rusty with the tinsel body and for the life of me couldn't get it to start any better any critiques are wanted and appreciated

Looks good riff, beautiful!!

I am still messing with the same pattern, found some funky black tipped teal feather i used for hackle

PB272771_zps711979b2.jpg

Then the boring old steelhead charlie

PB272773_zps85cc5cba.jpg

Jam it may be boring but it is damn effective I already got my calander marked for winter chrome my wife has been forwarned this year I am making time to fish a priority higher then funerals and weddings so nobody can get married or die this year or else I wont be attending

well today I sat down and just to get the juices flowing I started playing with a little hook laugh.png I call this one the Fireman I plan on mounting it with the Maltese cross from our station and giving it to our chief for Christmas

attachicon.giffirefighter.jpg

I could tell I was rusty with the tinsel body and for the life of me couldn't get it to start any better any critiques are wanted and appreciated

Looks good! Definitely work on your tinsel some more and maybe shorten the peacock a bit but other than that looks very fishy :D