Fly Tying
kimjensen

Best fly tyers on YouTube.

Walter Weise (parksflyshop) deserves a mention too.

The more interesting question is why are there so FEW good tiers on the youtube.com. Most of the videos are just plain awful.

There are some good tiers on Vimeo.

Most of the videos are just plain awful.

Well make some videos and upload them to YouTube

Norm, that's a good challenge.

I've made some tying videos and it's not as easy as I would have thought. There is a lot of editing, pre-thought and set-up.

Most of the videos I've made are of flies I've come up with and were done for people that were curious about how I tied some of my flies. Unfortunately, most of those flies take between 25 to 60 minutes to tie/make so, I usually break them into several parts. That tends to lose many people especially with today's abundance of instant gratification, ADHD population.

I certainly see ways I need to improve but what has kept me doing them at least for a while, not lately, is that I've had a lot of people thank me and say that they learned tips and techniques from some of the ones I've done that they were able to apply to other flies. That makes it worth my effort to produce.

However, when I get around to doing another one, I'm gonna re-read some of the posts under the post made about pet-peaves about tying videos posted the other day.

That being said, I've only watched a few tiers and I do like the format of Davie Mcphail.

Kirk

Most of the videos are just plain awful.

Well make some videos and upload them to YouTube

I agee lets see those videos. Most I see are good maybe not great I like Mcphail and Han, Rich Strolis as well. Ozarks are good too. I've learned a lot from videos and would say most I see give me what I am looking for when looking at new pattern.

I post quite a few videos, not because I'm a great tyer but because I want to get better!

I learn as much from average tyers like me as the experts - mainly how not to do it!

My votes are for Davie, Hans and Marcus Hoffman. I can sometimes get a bit disillusioned watching them as I know I'll never reach their heights of skill.

So lets see MORE tying videos from the ranks!

Simon

I post quite a few videos, not because I'm a great tyer but because I want to get better!

I learn as much from average tyers like me as the experts - mainly how not to do it!

My votes are for Davie, Hans and Marcus Hoffman. I can sometimes get a bit disillusioned watching them as I know I'll never reach their heights of skill.

So lets see MORE tying videos from the ranks!

Simon

I've done a video or two with Curtis Fry on his channel. We use Curtis' Youtube channel to run our videos at www.flyfishfood.com