Fly Tying

The Fly Tyer of the Year!

hey Caleb

Darn Nice job there buddy. You're really gonna enjoy that rod. You deserve it.

What did you make the body from? headbang.gif thumbup.gif thumbsup.gif drunk.gif clapping.gif

HI CaleB, I just realized that of all the fly's in the contest yours was the only one I printed when voting. This fly really stood head and shoulders above the rest. Please, please , tell us what the materials are? I'm guessing latex and wood duck?

You have an amazing talent and I can't think of a sweeter combo than your fly attached to Carl's (now Cale's) bamboo fly rod. I really hope to see more of your tying in the future.

Have a great weekend!

Graham

All kidding aside, kind of hard for me to do, but there are a bunch of really talented tiers, rod builders and fishermen on this site.

Just wish some of this dang talent would rub off on me laugh.gif

Thanks guys.

I will get together more detailed instuctions some time soon. Here are the basics.

tail is microfiberetts

body is nymph stretch skin built on a body of a small lightweight wire bent to shape.

Wings are made of wood duck flanks stroked backwards with flexcement.

and the legs are made of horse tail hair.

If you have any more questions fell free to ask me.

Caleb

Great job! I would like to commend your parents and whoever your mentors/ role models are. There's a lot of crap teens can get into these days and the fact that it appears you have your head on straight shows that you have great character and great role models. clapping.gif

QUOTE (skunked @ Jan 28 2005, 08:10 PM)
Great job! I would like to commend your parents and whoever your mentors/ role models are. There's a lot of crap teens can get into these days and the fact that it appears you have your head on straight shows that you have great character and great role models. clapping.gif

and talented!!!!!