Fly Tying
siestafred

"Mystery Fly" Swap Box Idea....

The Swap meister is not MIA. The Swapmeister sent instructions when this thing started to make communications via e-mail. This only required knowing my e-mail addy. This allows for almost immediate communication. I don't check this list more than once or twice a week. I'm not trying to be a school marm, but the instructions were put together based on experience with these type of things and are very specific for a reason, mainly to eliminate this kind of confusion. You all also received a roster in Word.doc form that could be easily saved to your computer. All of that is in place to allow me to provide a smooth swap for you folks. If you have misplaced these items, e-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks for your help in getting this thing back in order by sticking with the program. The Mystery should be in what's in the box, not where the box is.

It has been 6 days, and still no response. Has the box been lost in the mail? Did somebody get greedy? It is time to fess up. WHO HAS THE SWAP BOX???????? Who ever has the box, needs to tell us where it is. wallbash.gif ive_been_ripped.gif

Fellas, as you know, I sent a group e-mail last week and e-mailed smokey 2 days ago. Neither outreach got a response from anybody. I'm frustrated that we couldn't find 10 guys that could read a set of instructions and follow a mailing list. For those of you that have been able to carry the load, no offense to you. Granted, we got jobbed by Canadian customs. I hope that this box didn't get black-holed as I've seen many others do.

Swap boxes are always a risky adventure but usually we have a pretty good run of luck with them, so let's not write it off just yet. I'm not in this swap but we just recieved word from a concerned particapant that there may be a problem.

Although FTF has nothing to do with being responsable for lost/taken swap items we try our best to take care of our members so no one gets screwed over on one of these.

So with that said, if someone could Email/PM me the itinerary of this "Mystery box"...I.E where was last seen, who was next to recieve it and also update me as to the the addresses of the last and next persons that had/were to recieve it, I will do my best to find the box and get it back on track

Thanks

SD

The box is coming back to the swapmeister and I will re-set things. Thanks to Steve for helping get this back on track. If you have already seen the box, let me know. To ensure the positive future of the Mystery Box, I need to know that you have a copy of the original guidelines that I sent out and agree to abide by them. If you do not have a copy, let me know. If you don't want to agree to follow the guidelines, let me know as well. No hard feelings. It seems terribly juvenile to have to ask for such a thing, but as you can see, little things can make the whole thing go haywire and the next thing you know there are hard feelings. This is supposed to be a fun thing. If this box is hitting 2 homes a week, it will be a fun thing. Everybody likes getting cool mail and this is very cool mail. You guys have done a super job in contributing some nice flies to share. Let me know:

1. Have you had the box yet (Y/N)

2. Do you have a copy of the guidlines

3. Do you agree to abide by the guidelines to protect the group

E-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks,

Jeff

answers #1 N, #2 Y, #3 Y, so in other words, I'm still in. Just got concerned when the last person to get it, didn't say anything.

Out of curiosity, is the 'Mystery Fly' Swap Box, still in the works? The last entry I am able to find is in mid June!!

Have a good one,

Pat Carroll