Fly Tying
siestafred

"Mystery Fly" Swap Box Idea....

I know this one is full, but I'd just like to say for the record that I really like this idea, and would like to participate in a future one.

Also, the chain letter thing failed to make a connection with me too.

MTG

The "mystery box' was sent to Art James, by Global Priority Mail on March 19, 2005.

I'm surprised it hasn't arrived.

Pat Carroll

Pat,

No surprise to me. Just ask steeldrifter how long some things have taken to cross the border. I will bet on early next week.

Art

Art

I'll go to the post office and do some checking also. The flies I got in exchange were really nice I sure like the idea. Hopefully things get moving. Keep me posted.

Have a good one,

80 degrees and sunny in Southern Calif.

Pat Carroll

Hey Smokey !!

As a full-blooded Canadian, I resent that remark. I'll have you know that Canada Post has fully upgraded to a two horse and buggy system, and for next year is planning on adding a couple of stagecoaches to its more popular routes ! So there.

My own experience in mailing across the border over the years is that it's usually faster to just ship ordinary parcel post from the US. Go figure.

wallbash.gif

Good news maybe. There is a parcel for pickup at the post office for me. Not sure what it is, but I hope that this is not the swap box. There is a charge of $59.75 on this parcel.

Add Note: mad.gif mad.gif Just got off the phone, and it is the swap box....Keep your eyes open there Pat because it is on its way back to you. mad.gif mad.gif

Art

Hi Art

If the cost is $59.75 for pick up. I'll pass.

My cost to mail the package was $6.00.

At the rate this 'MYSTERY BOX' is moving, I can expect to be notified this summer some time!!!

Have a good one and let's wait for the latest nail biting , postal adventure!!! Is this normal for all out of country postal services?

Pat Carroll

Pat,

I think what has happened is that customs has pegged the package with a high $$ value or the declared value was to high. If it is returned to sender then the charges will be dropped (I do believe). This sucks either way as it looks like I'm out of this swap.

good news though, it showed up right when I said it would!

Art

Hi Art

I talked to the local postal clerks and they thought the package must have been opened by customs, a value was placed on the flies and passed on to you, why who knows.

When I get the package back, I will send it again with some suggestions as to what will be a better way.

How close do you live to the border, could it be mailed to a friend or family member in the states?

I'll keep you posted.

Pat Carroll

I can suggest another possible solution.

As I'm going back to Canada about May 1, send it to me in Sarasota, Florida by then and I'll carry it up and mail it to Art when I get there.

Let me know.

Fred

As I thought that 'value' was to high. Pat marked it as $30.00 and customs read it as $300.00. As stated it is on its way back to Pat (should be no extra charge). I guess then it could go back in motion from there. Pat to Fred to me, or Pat to the next US swapper and them back to me at the end for this round (due to time in shipping across the border I like this one), it's all good. Just a shame that this great box of flies keeps getting suck in the mail.

Art

Hi All

When I get the flies, I'll ship them out. I haven't heard from the swap meister as to the next person in line. I'll be very prompt in mailing.

The flies, as receceived, were very impressive, too bad its been held up.

Have a good one,

Pat Carroll

Pat,

I was so close!!! I had the package in my hands and everything!!! I've waiting on getting swap flies before, but wanting to get into this box is like xmas morning!!! laugh.gif

Art