Fly Tying
Saltybum

From the Saltwater Bench

Very nice Adam, personally I would use the first ones in a heartbeat but thats just me. Im sure someone can give you advice on the fly if it needs any.

Nice work!

I'm liking that squid! How long is the total fly? If thats a 6/0 hook it's gotta be pretty good sized. I've been messing around with squid patterns lately but they all seem to be too hefty for the 8 wt. Time for a 12 wt I guess!

Squid is 10" & a little bit of weight from all the UV resin helping hold the 15mm eye's on! Not sure about a 8wt, but 9 & up for sure!

Squid is 10" & a little bit of weight from all the UV resin helping hold the 15mm eye's on! Not sure about a 8wt, but 9 & up for sure!

Yikes! That's a heavy duty fly!

-great looking bonefish bugs.... and if you're planning a trip make sure to do them in more than one size for the same pattern. Some days a smaller or larger version is all that's needed if you get a refusal (or the size fly - particularly sink rate.... isn't what's needed for the conditions you're facing).

Actually I'm pretty pleased with the support of this thread. Over 36.000 views and almost 500 posts over the last two years and loads of reference by the flies our members have posted. I regularly go back and scroll through the pages for inspiration and ideas.

And yes keep them coming everybody.