Fly Tying
Saltybum

From the Saltwater Bench

post-55238-0-09811000-1468602312_thumb.jpg TMC 811S #8, i think the beadchain eye's are to big, but the only size i have! Borrowed all the chains from the bathroom at work years ago!

Nice Gotchas, but personally I would use more craft fur but very nicely tied!

Also I dunno if its just me but I can't see the mylar tubing

Anyways very nice!

Redfin perch! Just kidding, bonefish but were & when i don't know? Was thinking a few years ago about the new bonefish meca near Somalia, but then came Ebola virus! Never fished proper salt & only started tying salt flies for Dave's swap series! Your tail looks maybe to long & to blunt? But i'm no expert!

Adam one day you will have to visit Florida

Here is some random tarpon flies that I created while watching the thunder ... Hope you like them !

post-59033-0-23832900-1468622556_thumb.jpg

Betty! Can i ask what is that body shell material?

So sorry Adam that I did not get back to you sooner. I made the shell back out of Fun Foam, same stuff as I make the Crease Flys with. This is a Crease Fly actually, just as a mole crab/sand bugs/sand flea. Marking pen on a white foam body can do wonders. I also have a very light pink foam I used and the fly came out nice. Fluke and stripers are my target with this fly though I'll take anything in the surf for fun.

Any weight on those flies, Flats? I don't tie any extra weight on my streamers, because I want them to stay near the surface.

But I do recommend a trip to Walmart or Dollar Tree to get some bead chain eyes in plastic and metal.

No weight, just wanted to see how the fly came out. I was just messing around and came up with this pattern(any good names?) and thats what I came up with. I do like this pattern, and it only needs 2 materials (bucktail and zonker).

I will probably add eyes (Salty sent me a gazillion) if I continue to tie this pattern :)