Fly Tying
Li'lDave

I really need more flats flies - the swap

We usually get these on our local flats... but we found this one yesterday in about 26ft...

on a heavily weighted squid fly.... before heading to the flats for some baby GT (giant trevally).

post-22241-0-68175100-1416695482_thumb.jpeg

post-22241-0-39060000-1416695547_thumb.jpeg

post-22241-0-22270200-1416695569_thumb.jpeg

Just an update... Last set of flies is definitely on its way. Fingers crossed they get here this week :)

YEW!!!!! They arrived.... That's the last set.... so I'll get them sorted over the weekend and should have them in the mail next week... Fingers crossed they might even show up a little before Christmas. ... but don't hold your breath ok! It's uphill all the way :)

Glad to hear they finally got there Dave, sorry for the hold up. Let me know what the shipping cost is and I'll paypal it to you. Thanks for hosting, can't wait to see them

No Worries Agn

so... guys and girl... I've just finished sorting them and I've got to say I think this is a real fishy set of ties... ive taken some piccies with my tablet, but it would be great if someone would be able to take some better pics down the track...

there will be a crab fly (sort of an inverted merkin) on a hook I've been experimenting with, as an extra for you all, and I would absolutely love any feedback about it if you get a chance to fish it (good and bad :)).

Anyway here are a couple of bad pics as a teaser of whats coming your way ....

post-22241-0-98062200-1417822272_thumb.jpg

the set

post-22241-0-88211900-1417822320_thumb.jpg

agn54

post-22241-0-68626400-1417822425_thumb.jpg

atxdiscgolfer

post-22241-0-71352000-1417822503_thumb.jpg

vicrider

post-22241-0-53596100-1417822563_thumb.jpg

mcgx2

post-22241-0-11936600-1417822662_thumb.jpg

horseshoes

post-22241-0-49307600-1417822715_thumb.jpg

Li'lDave

again... sorry for the quality of the pics... really happy with the set... I'll try to get them in the mail Thursday as I will be out back for a few days for work come monday.

Really enjoyed this swap...

Without trying to choose favourites the flies that standout to me... for their 'out of the box feel to them, are the shrimp from Mcgx2 and Vicrider and The attractor from horseshoes. .. but that's really clutching at straws.

I also love the two bait baitfish, from agn54 and Atxdiscgolfer. .. they have shallow water pelagic written all over them!

Hey all.

Been really slack this week. The flies are bagged up and ready to go, and I keep forgetting to bring them in to work!!

The slack ozzie finally made it to the post office everyone! They're on the way.

thank you all so much for playing :)

Unfortunately I doubt they'll make it to yiu for Christmas, but they shouldn't be too far away by then.

Wonderful set of flies arrived today with lots of stuff on the outside of the package. Too bad overseas is such a PITA with stuff to fill out and costs. What a great set of flies tho. The way I see it there's a lot of bass that would like a couple of those baitfish and your redfish specials might just bend a few rods when our local ponds produce some "ringnosed redfish". Yep, look very "carpy" to me since chances of redfish or bonefish on the flats is not a big possibility for me, tho nothing is every really out of the question. Thanx a lot Li'l Dave for hosting this and thanx to the guys for some great work on the flies.