Fly Tying
Henrik Thomsen (DK)

Transmogrifer Swap

I've not sent something overseas that wasn't handled by work or to an FPO box, How does it work and what are the approximate prices?

-J-Kno

usa tyers

dont forget to fill out a usps customs form available at your local post office. they can be found in the forms area or ask the postmaster for one. it must be filled out and handed in with your package

cn22reva_zpsa516ba7e.jpg

http://about.usps.com/forms/ps2976.pdf

i always declare as a gift and a value of no more than $5 with a description of "fishing lure/fly"

make note of how much it costs to mail to the europe destination and assume it will cost the same to return back to usa.

if the swapmeister requests return postage by Paypal, then you'll know how much to send + any currency exchange rates otherwise the swapper should get in touch with the swapmeister to figure out the arrangement for return postage

With that info, I'd like to join with a before transmogrifier fly of Tak's Go 2 Prince...

See that so far just the seven of us have joined. Maybe we should do it a 6 instead of 12?

Also, if everyone agrees, we can include the pre-transmogrifed fly too, keeping the number of flies to 12.

Nothing changes unless all agree.

Henrik

Henrik, my flies are done, I tied 12 and transmogrified half of them (lol). Please PM address and email for paypal to cover postage (and how much?)

Side note: While serving in the military, we had an instructor with a Hobbs stuffed animal. We would do horrible things to it as he left it in the classroom, unguarded. Most days would find Hobbs swinging from the gallows. We didn't do anything that would cause damage to Hobbs, just a good laugh.

Flies sent today. It was $9.45 USD (55.70 DKK) from Colorado to Denmark. Not bad if you ask me...

Okay, I have to decide something. I've gone thru a dozen false starts and finally decided to do something simple. After running several patterns thru the transmogrifier only to be disappointed in what came out, I found one that is kind of cool and eminently fishable. It took a simple fly clear into a totally different lifestyle yet remains simple. So I will transmog a simple Red Ass Kelso, one of my favorite flies.