Fly Tying
RWTMINN

Donating Flies

Can anyone who donates flies to various groups recommend an effective way to package them . It is straightforward when I am donating a Flybox but in cases where it is just a dozen or so individual flies , wondered what folks might be using . Currently trying to buy some Plancon Blisterboxes ( L 1.69, W.1.50 , D .75) but not sure I am going to be able to find those without a commercial account . I have used old Altoid tins , which work well . Thanks for any suggestions.

these would work. theyre from the local big box craft store. $1.49 each. whats wrong with the altoids tin youve used in the past?

31qpKkxhFuL.jpg

Hi Group,

Old Danville or other manufacturer thread boxes work fairly well. We have a lot of them at the end of each tying season and find they work fairly well to send flies. They are really easy to glue strips of foam in so flies don't move around in the box while shipping. If you don't have these boxes you might check with you local fly shop. Many shops just throw the boxes away after they are emptied. Take care & ...

These do work well , I don't have a big supply of them but agree very good way to go . Thanks for your reply

these would work. theyre from the local big box craft store. $1.49 each. whats wrong with the altoids tin youve used in the past?

31qpKkxhFuL.jpg T