Fly Tying
troutguy

Classic Dry Fly Trout Swap

Some variants were over sized dry fly patterns. Art Flick's book Streamside Guide talks a lot about variants. If the insect floats very high on the water or moves on the water, then the tier would tie the copy a size 10 fly on a size 12 or 14 hook to avoid the hook weight.

My variant meaning follows the other fly tying use of variant (http://www.whitingfarms.com/articles/variant.html). I tied my fly as a variable of the original pattern, not with over sized hackle. . I used turkey wing biot instead of stripped peacock feather.

OK greater news! Nope no lottery I didn't buy a ticket. All the flies made it in on time. Bad news. I have to go do some work stuff. Tuesday I will try to pick a winner and sort flies. I will mail out Wednesday or Thursday at latest.

Flies are in the mail except for gunpowder's. He won the drawing. Thank you everyone for a great swap. A big thank you for the extras. PHG thank you for filing the vacancy. Sorry it took until Thursday to get them out.

I think it was rigged in GPL's favor. Consider an official protest filed. See ya' in court...or on the stream. Looking forward to these like I do all swaps. Classic Catskill is something special tho.

They came in today's mail. Interesting set of flies. Good work, y'all!

I didn't expect that extra bit of fluff in the envelope. I think I can find good use for that as well. Thanks.

Got mine! Thanks everyone, all the flies look great! Thank you troutguy for hosting as well.

phg thanks for filing in. Joseph thank you for picking a McDougal.

DK I tried but I'm not a good smuggler.

Again THANK you all for joining and THANK YOU for extras.

Oh and mine are the ones with no toe tag.