Fly Tying
troutguy

Classic Dry Fly Trout Swap

I have heard from everyone and flies are coming. Bob Nelson is so used to sending me things, and he is old, he sent me his tax returns.

I forgot to tell you. Since this swap is happening during tax season, I am taking thirty percent of everyone's flies.

I'm sorry Bob someone stole your identity and took your refund.

To those of us who've been hit with identify theft that's only funny after the money is back and #s all changed. Ours was a minor mess twice but many have had a lot worse.

post-3361-0-69631200-1429498570_thumb.jpg

I tied my flies today. I decided on a Quill Gordon variant instead of an Adams variant. Here is a cell phone photo of what I tied.

Thank you. I can't wait to see what everyone sent. I vowed not to open the packages until the winner of the duck is picked. I did not want to be swayed in any way, plus it is easier for the wife or someone to pick an envelope out of a box.

Asking not to be smartass but really wondering...what makes it a variant? In days of old a variant was the identical fly to the original pattern but one or two sizes bigger hackle. Now I think people call flies variants if they just toss in a few different materials.