Fly Tying
Tim Shovel

Least favorite fish to catch

I must say ... I cannot point out a single species of fish that I don't like catching. But, to answer the question of, "What fish do I like to catch the least?"

Small ones.

I usually fish smaller flies ... size 6 to 12 (not tiny ones 14 and higher) and sometimes bass flies 1/0 and larger. I love the first seconds of the hook set, when you don't know what's on there. Then you pull a 2 inch fish completely out of the water. I like having at least a few more seconds of fight.

Stargazer by far the least favorite. The first time I got one I made the mistake of grabbing it ( because i never saw one ) and it gave me quite an electrical shock that made me beat it to death on the deck. besides that they are really really, ugly like prehistoric ugly.

I'm gonna say the plastic shopping bag fish! Caught one on thursday first time in my float tube this year, thought ir was a small pike for a momment, was a plastic bag full of water, bit of pull like a trawling brake! But really, it's actually pike! But only when i'm not fishing for them & fishing for something else! But when i'm out fishing for pike, i love them!

I must say ... I cannot point out a single species of fish that I don't like catching. But, to answer the question of, "What fish do I like to catch the least?"

Small ones.

agreed, except for gobies, mostly cause when you catch them you know that there are probably another couple thousand in the area and they eat the native gamefish eggs.

the ones that get away....

Please elaborate, you seem to have a story

which one? we all a few of these, lol.

Gobies piss me off as well.

Yep, any story will do, perhaps the most frustrating

The only nice fish that escaped from me was big smallie, as soon as I saw the fishes head it spat out the hook, had nightmares about it for a week

Yep, any story will do, perhaps the most frustrating

The only nice fish that escaped from me was big smallie, as soon as I saw the fishes head it spat out the hook, had nightmares about it for a week

Really???

You've only lost ONE nice fish???

I swear by barbed hooks, and even with those, I have lost more fish than I can remember.

Either you are so new to fishing that you've rarely caught a nice fish ... or you are the best angler in the world.