Fly Tying
jfinn

Small Trout Flies Swap

An 18 stimmie is out of my league. Even with a 1x or 2x long shank it would be hard to get everything on without ruining the stimulator look. I'm glad I joined to see this along with the other great little ones people will tie. Mine are ready to go, just have to get my butt to the PO before they close like they did today. Maybe tomorrow I'll make it on time. I stuck an extra little black gnat on there for those tailwater fish that like that kind of thing.

Do you need my address? Did you ship your flies?

No problem jfinn. They went out yesterday finally after sitting on shelf for a week. I had already tied a dozen little guys for another swap that didn't happen so I was ready. Tied those small black gnats (griffith gnat with black hackle) so I wouldn't feel guilty about not tying anything for this swap.

I have your address and every address of anyone I've swapped with or had in my swaps. I keep a good list of ya' all so someday I can throw rods in the car, grab a toothbrush and fly boxes and surprise a whole bunch of people when they open the door.rolleyes.gif biggrin.png

Whoops...I lied. I sent out some flies but they for the Classic Swap and I added a little black gnat on those. The ones for this swap are also ready by I'm going to do the same little black gnat for these tomorrow and get them out tomorrow hopefully. Sorry about that but they'll be on their way soon.

Okay, let's just edit this thread. They went out today. Have an extra black gnat in a 22 for everyone. Some of the hackle I'm down to on my black saddle is not as small as I'd like since I've used so much of it but what I have done successfully on this type of fly is trim it down so it is little more than fuzz on the peacock herl. Still floats well with a little dressing and seems to work even better than the full hackled Griffith styled flies at time. Few extra for the bandleader too since you seem to have use for the little stuff.

My flies are all tied up. Will try to ship them later next week. Can you p.m me your address?

Bugs are fluttering their way north with assistance from US mail as of this morning.

well, finally got the hooks in the mail yesterday. I ordered big eye 22's so you might be able to get away with 5x still. :) Tied a few last night and hope to finish up by the weekend.

Dang, you all are quick! My materials came in this week and I'm working on being able to tie the pattern well. Sorry ahead of time if I'm the last one done.

did not receive....

I need the address to send flies to please.

PM sent