Fly Tying
tyler94

Hopper/Terrestrial Swap

I'm going to bump this thread back up to the top just to remind myself I'm in it. Forgot all about it while busy with other stuff and need to get some foam going on something that floats and looks like it can be eaten.

The first set of flies has come in from JasonV, and he was gracious enough to include two flies for everyone. They look great.

tyler94, if the address is the same as when you hosted the stonefly swap last fall then I already have it, but if not then I will need the correct one please.

I moved down here to Texas back in August and all I've seen is a olive looking grasshopper about 2 inches long.

Mine are in the mail. Since there are so many people who tie better foam flies than I do I went a little bit different route. I have two flies for everyone but it's kind of ??? on terrestrial. The way I figure big deer flies and yellow/black banded bees spend time on land and end up in the water I went that. The big bee is of fuzzy foam and I don't honestly know the floating qualities of that foam. They look good tho and from what I've read if you're on the water and it starts to rain you should have a bee fly on. The is standard black foam and has trimmed hackle to give a fuzzy look and legs below with swiss straw wings. Others will have enough hoppers and ants and beetles so mine will provide a bit of variety but should be very fishable.