Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
GLoy

Crappie swap

Stupid question....Are these flies just hooks only or can we use 1/64 jig head?

Boy, you guys are fast. I looked at this swap with maybe 3 guys in there. Went into room and fooled with a few ties, decided on a #10 jig hook, pink bead, white marabou tail, pink Ostrich Herl for body, and white hen hackle for collar. Tied a half dozen, said good, halfway there already, came out here and the swap was full. Oh well, had a couple of people who wanted some crappie flies anyway. Have fun with your swap.

Sorry vic those sound good. Add 147 jig is fine for the hook I think at least 1 other is using them.

Just finished mine. They didn't turn out as well as I would have liked But oh well Still trying to get the hang of things. Sorry for the lack of quality but I guarantee that the crappie will still gobble em up.

I see several of you are done already, I have put address to send flies to on the first page. Ive never seen a swap end early, but if I get them all before the due date I will make sure they go out right away,

In the mean time I wish you all tight lines!

Gary

I'm going to tie a version of a Beaker Bug .. My stuff for it should be here Monday !!

Steve - stabgnid

Mine are done. "black and white cookie" sending out on Tues. Is an altoid box acceptable to send them in as long as I include return postage?