Fly Tying
joseph russell

Bergman fly swap

It was Art. I posted the link to the entire 233 fly lineup in Hatches. Your link is the path I used to get entire lineup.

Nick

When tying in the tinsel for the tip, you leave enough of a tag for the ribbing correct? Or is it supposed to be a second piece? I was looking in the book last night for the answer and could not find it. Also the only video I have found, he did not tie a tip in. I tied a couple with a continuous piece and it looks ok, I just want to do it correct.

Either technique is fine if you like the results. I usually use two pieces because I find it easier to keep the body smooth and level- with no bumps.

On mine I used a trick I think I learned from Davey McPhail or Hans video. Since it called for tinsel body and rope rib I tied the tinsel in front, wound it to the back, then spun the flat tinsel into a rope to wind back forward. Been doing this a lot and it's a great time and money saver. I wouldn't do it on a classic streamer for a contest but for fishing or routine ties it's great.

Joseph, flies are in the mail with return paid envelope. By the way to all, anyone find a cheap way of sending these little suckers back and fourth? Unless I read something wrong, regardless a large envelope is all flat rate price through USPS.

Only if you use the flat rate envelopes :) You can pay for first class on a plain envelope and in the US it can be 1/2 the price of flat rate. First class takes 1-3 days longer usually.

Thanks JasonV, I just sent off for another swap today. I guess I need to bring my own envelope, after paying for the envelope and shipping I saved like a $1 and slower ship time.lol oh we'll, just have to factor this in on the price of having fun.