Fly Tying
joseph russell

Bergman fly swap

Okay, these are a beautiful fly on the plates but harder than they look. I'd rather tie a size 26 parachute (I'm doing for another swap) than these. Just had a tough time with them. Also ran into a problem with #55, The Butcher. One showed it with blue wings, one with no wings. Since I'm trying hard to make decent wings and I'm not there yet I tackled the winged version. Came out something like this.

DSC01078.JPG

And then the Grizzly King #152. Once again not near as easy as it looks to keep it all together.

DSC01076.JPG

Thanks T-b. I never can guarantee the quality of my flies but I can always guarantee the effort put forth. Did the same on the job and at play. My best if not THE best.

Vicrider, you sound like my old man.lol I am the same way, got to put 110% and if come up short at least we know we did our best.

Lots of pretty pictures flytire but no names or fly/plate numbers. Since so many of his flies differ only but a hackle color or type of wing you really need the names to know what you're tying (or in my case attempting to). I thought the listing here was nice with fly # and the recipe.

http://hatchesmagazine.com/blogs/Hatches/category/ray-bergman-collection/

ok whatever

authors problem not mine

page can still be used for visualization purposes in conjunction with Bergman's boot "trout"

Flies are in the snail mail....

12 Bergman Gray Marlows

Jmckaughan, way to motivate us all. I am going try get mine in the mail this week.