Fly Tying
joseph russell

Bergman fly swap

I've finally decided on patterns, I'll be tying two for you guys. From Trout. Plate 5. Kineo And plate 9 widow

Joseph for you hosting such a great swap I'll have a Durham ranger from plate 3

This one will definitely be a picture worthy post, so let's make sure the pics get up to share with all.

i was the lucky recipient of a pair of turkey wings a while back. it's a good thing, because i've burned through one set of feathers trying to get these wing slips figured out. this to date is by far the hardest skill i've tried to learn. this is a great swap idea!!!

Decided to give the Holberton a try. The mandarin in the tail and wing is a real pain. It didn't want to marry to the duck quills I usually use on these. I dug out my goose shoulder and that married.

ARhi3Epl.jpg

Good day Joseph,

I have been working on some of Bergman's flies over the past few years. I can't say I am great at them but I am getting better. I truly enjoy tying them. Regrettably I did not have the opportunity to sign up in time for this swap. It is going to be awesome.

I have just on request. Please post pictures of the end results. I would like to see what others have been able to accomplish.

Sincerely,

Michael