Fly Tying
antonio999us

Homemade Balsa wooden lure PART 2 - The Attila Fat Minnow "S"

Hello Flytying anglers

As I offered and said you in my last post, I was working in Part 2 of the Introduction video of my Attila Fat Minnow.

Again, I want to excuse myself and say that this is not a fly tying video, but I think some of you will find the content of the video interesting for your fishing experience.

Through Part 1 and 2, I pretend to give a quick view of how to do this 100% homemade minnow lure.

This time, in Part 2, you will see the main steps to complete the Attila Fat Minnow and have it ready for action. In advance, following what you will see:
- Details for the lure's head
- Details for the lure's body
- Use of holograms foil and aluminium
- Airbrush painting
- An idea to use in a different way the 3D eyes
- Epoxy coats, hooks setup, and some swimming tests

I hope you like the video. As usual, I expect to receive your comments and recommendations. Something else and if you have a chance after watching the video, please leave me a LIKE . Also, I invite you to see other videos in my channel.

Have a safe fishing, best regards, Antonio

Here is the link to the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_n8nmcBpjw

Everyone is into these music videos these days, I like commentary in an instructional video. It's the same on a lot of wood turning videos, I'd rather hear the lathe and tools working and commentary than some music with a beat going on. Just me. Cool ideas you have though.

it is an interesting video showing how hand made lures are made but has no fly tying content. not too keen on the music

the information scrolling upwards at the beginning is way too fast for reading

maybe future videos would be better placed in the 'FTF Videos' or 'Step by Step Patterns & Tutorials' sections of the forum

I do like the idea of cutting the eyes in half. Gives it that "angry" look. That's a technique that could be used for any lure/fly.

Hello friends,

Thanks for your comments... Next time I will try to improve the music background and maybe add spoken comments that may help to round my ideas and experience when doing my flies and lures. Actually, I am not a video-editing Pro...sorry for this.

Mikechell, I had the idea to use halved 3D for long time ago, given as you said, it gives an angry look to the lure. Yesterday, a friend from the US wrote me and told me that he had used it too. Personally I never see it before... At the end, it is part of the creativeness that each of Us, who do/prepare our own flies and lures, add to our hobby work.

Thanks you all again for your comments. I appreciate them, because is the only way I can improve myself.

Have a safe fishing, Antonio

Antonio... really nice. The intro scrolling was a bit fast. I don't think all of us object to music background as long as you talk where it's necessary to provide info (although I watched it with the sound off, and your text instructions were sufficient). I like the fact that you fast-forwarded some parts which would have been tedious otherwise. I liked it, and your ideas could be applied to other lures like popping bugs as well.

Everyone is into these music videos these days, I like commentary in an instructional video. It's the same on a lot of wood turning videos, I'd rather hear the lathe and tools working and commentary than some music with a beat going on. Just me.

+1 we don't all share the same taste in music and with things like wood turning vids it's just too distractive.

Good work, but the fish I generally catch aren't much larger than the lure! :)

I'd lose the music. I'm not sure what I'd replace it with, maybe nothing. Nothing is actually needed the directions are so good.

replace the music with Tebaldi singing "Oh mio babbino caro". I'd like that!