Fly Tying
breambuster

Skill Builder Trout Swap Series

I will jump in with a March Brown this is just the top swap I need to get back into tying

Frank

Wetsock and Branden_Fritzemeier_67, you are both in and I'm delighted to have you both join us. Looking forward to seeing the flies that you will tie for this one.

To everyone else: This swap is open to anyone of any skill level. We have some new guys, but we also have a guy from the Invitational in on this one. There are only 5 spots left and I hope to fill them all. If you are thinking about joining, now is the top to jump in, while there are still a few spots left.

Take care

BB

Oh hell why not I'll jump in BB if you will have me...LOL...I think I will be tying the Wire Stone Nymph. Looks like an interesting fly to try!!!

Thanks, Add147, glad to have you sign up for this one It's going to be fun, and, hopefully, we will learn some new skills, or at least learn to slow down, take our time, put forth a little extra effort and turn out some flies that we can be proud of. And that, in and of itself is reward enough.

Take care

BB

OK Kennebec12 and Joseph Russell, it's good to have you join us. I'm looking forward to swapping with both of you again. Thanks for signing up.

There are only 2 spots left now. So again, if you're thinking about joining, now is the time to decide. We would love to have you join us regardless of your skill level.

Take care

BB

I'll be sending mine in in a day or two when I get to PO. I'll go ahead and send the dozen and you can keep extras if you want them or throw in someone's box who fishes with them. They do not use a beadhead but do have light lead wire wrap underbody to keep them down. 7-8 wraps of .015 for those who really keep track of such things like we all should.

One of the hardest parts of these is getting started right. Not all the videos I checked were the same of course but most did show the rear biots coming off the sides and curling out rather than overlapped and flat like wings. Also, none agreed on the hackle used in front so I ended up trying to have consistent brown hen hackles to represent legs, though that didn't go as consistent as I'd like it to have. All in all it was a fun swap trying to keep the bugs looking like they hatched from the same egg drop and am glad I entered and will look forward to picks of our skill sets.

breambuster, you may want to create another post and try to entice a couple more in, "Skill Builder Trout Swap Still 2 Openings" or something. I know we have a while till the deadline but I'll probably try to finish this swaps flies after my October deadline swaps are done and I'd like to tie up the number I need for this swap (Not that I mind if you end up keeping a couple extra).

BOOM! and BOOM! Just like that and 2 great tyers join are happy, little band and we are FULL!

THIS SWAP IS FULL!

Thanks, Riff & J-Kno for joining us. I look forward to seeing what you each come up with. Thanks to all who have signed up. Let's do our best and make it a good one.

BB