Fly Tying
J-Kno

Float tube fill valve??

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement valve like the pic below? Caddis (OEM) does not have any and neither does Outcast... I tried to repair with an O-ring, but leaks too much to be comfortable with.

TIA

post-50671-0-42536500-1446157940_thumb.jpg

My caddis tube has boston valves. You might be better off and feel safer with a new replacement bladder, assuming you can find the size.

I am with johnny. Get a new bladder. If the valve is bad, the rest of the bladder is probably not far behind.

Well the float tube and bladder are in great shape. I tried to rapid fill it from an air tank and the rubber o-ring flew into the bladder itself. I pulled the one from the back rest and put it in the red fill tube. I put an o-ring in the other and it has held air in the backrest all day as full as I dare. I think I am ok, but no one has these valves... Not Caddis, NRS or Outcast. I'll continue my quest for some new valves and post up if I can find a suitable replacement.

Thanks guys for the help (and encouragement)

Oh ... the valve didn't wear out, you caused it. That changes things. But don't tell the "Caddis (OEM)" company that. If you can part with the bladder for a couple of weeks, send it to the manufacturer. In most cases, this type of failure, they'll just repair it and send it back to you. If they think the valve failed prematurely, they won't take a chance on bad publicity.

You can always search the interwebs. Alababa might have it. Or you might be able to find the manufacture. Things like this are rarely the OEM companies IP. Most of the time there is a company making it for companies that want it. A Google search might find it. I would try float tube valve as a search.