Fly Tying
ralphs007

I bought my first piece of Fly Tying equipment !

Great choice! You can't go wrong with what they use at museums.

Wow! It took me close to five hours to wax my desk ! The wax worked great,and it also cleaned the desk. The drawers glide really nice,now that they have wax on them. I just ordered my vise some tools and a book,http://www.amazon.com/Charlie-Cravens-Basic-Fly-Tying/dp/0979346029?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Before to long comes still plastic boxes, and big ones! If you only ty dries? You might be ok, just don't venture over into the pike world of tying!:-)

Great choice! You can't go wrong with what they use at museums.

Wow! It took me close to five hours to wax my desk ! The wax worked great,and it also cleaned the desk. The drawers glide really nice,now that they have wax on them. I just ordered my vise some tools and a book,http://www.amazon.com/Charlie-Cravens-Basic-Fly-Tying/dp/0979346029?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

That's a great book. I started with that.

Welcome to the madhouse! So far you have almost $80 invested, not counting the desk and however much you value your time.

When I first joined the forum I made mention of it being cheaper to tie than buy flies...I was quickly corrected and had to revert to the enjoyment factor. I have no idea what I have invested and I didn't buy a fancy desk!

I still enjoy tying and the thrill of fooling a fish with something I made. If you enjoy tying, hang in there. I think it is a great hobby!

That is a nice desk and should do the job for you. Nice investment.

Thanks for the tip. I also have a roll top, ordered the wax and the desk looks like new. Once again, thanks.

Thanks for the tip. I also have a roll top, ordered the wax and the desk looks like new. Once again, thanks.
Your welcome .I was amazed at how nice the wax was to work with. I was going to use my rotary buffer, but I didn't need it I always wanted a roll top desk. Now that I'm back into tying, I have a good reason to own one. Plus ,it'll be nice tying in my living room instead of in my basement.

You guys all have such glorious looking places to tie your flies. I simply cleaned off a small area of a cluttered work bench and put most of my stuff (I don't have much) in a 3 drawer Sterilite container. Oh, BTW, that little chunk of metal on the front edge of the bench is my vise, so, I don't want to hear anyone griping about how bad their vise is or how their four clamp LAW vise just doesn't seem adequate. I did clean things up before I took the pictures!

0507161728_zpsipkamtlw.jpg?1462678000541

NOW, THIS IS A WORK BENCH!

SINCE I DON'T HAVE WADERS, MY YAK HAS TO SUFFICE

I tried to get another, better, picture on here, but, something went awry. Probably me.

Well, I managed to get my yak in here.........kinda.

That's for when things go wrong beyond repair.......I guess you could call it fly rage, it does my mind good!