Fly Tying
vicrider

You're invited on a "One Fly" fishing contest

If Crackleback is in, then I'm in. (Us old swap club buddies have got to stick together!) I've got a pattern in mind, just have to figure out what materials to us.

BB

You guys are in. And when you're thinking about patterns know this. I will definitely get pictures of the flies on this one and I'm going to ask each person to give a short speech at the weigh-in explaining why they picked this particular fly to go with on this trip. It's kind of what we had to do at one of the bass series I used to fish for first five at weigh-in. Unfortunately I didn't get to give my speech as often as I'd liked.

Room for one more if my count is right.

I'm finishing off some other swaps I'm in and then tackle this one. I have the fly I'd use in mind and it's based on versatility and common trout feeding practices. I think I'll have the contest wrapped up when we get to weigh in. Oh, that's right, live release so it'll be an add up the measurements weigh in.

Sent mine off today. :The original post mentioned having to give a "weigh in speech". How are we going to do this? What are we supposed to be telling? How much B.S. are we allowed?

Jolly Red, I'll probably start a new thread with all the pics in it. After that's posted I'd like each person to come on and say what kind of water they used their fly in, how they used it, how they adapted it to different conditions on the river, and a serious little skit on how you'd use your fly and back up why you'd choose it for a "one fly" contest. Since all of us will have measured out limits we don't have to go into that but since there are all three species in the river did you concentrate on any fish in particular. Me, I kept having trouble with the whitefish beating the nice browns to the fly.

I ordered some materials last week that I will need to tie up my set. So far, my order is still marked, "Awaiting Fulfillment." Hopefully the stuff will be here soon. Do we have a due date yet?

BB

Would you believe that I just got an email from my supplier telling me that my order has been shipped! Now, that is service and great timing. The previous post was at 7:14 AM, and this one is going to be about 9:18.

BB

BB, the shipping date is June20th. That left 4 weekends and getting them sent after the 4th weekend. It would be great if they all got here by the end of that week so I could pic, sort and return. For the guys who actually get to trout fish this should be a darn good bunch of flies for their efforts.

So Nick, just go ahead and have my name engraved on the trophy as I have sent what undoubtedly are the best fish catching flies in this bunch of loose threads!!