Fly Tying
zip

Okeechobee Fly Journal

So, not fly fishing that day, Caloosa? Fishing heavy cover like that, I go to flipping and pitching. Couple of pretty hawgs, there.

No. No fly fishing today.. mostly swimbaits.. big ez's and skinny dippers. And some flipping. Dad forgot his fly rod and I was having too much fun pulling them out the slop to pick mine up. Of course the really big ones got away. I think I'll get my fly fix in the morning at a local pond. I've got way too many new flies to test that have never been wet.

Good looking chunks ya got there man!Last time I was that way I saw a good amount of ditch lizards.One lives under my grandma's dock...Lil sob wait till you pull em in to snatch em off the line

There's an awesome place in town to eat if your down after man.I think it was called the Parrot Island Grill?Helluva good burger and plenty of cold beers!

Leaving out at 6AM!Gear loaded up and ready to rock!

Have a safe trip. Here's a few pics my dad sent me this morning. He limited out quickly with the new 16 and under size limit then got a nice kicker for his 1 over that's allowed. This one was 6-13 on his scale. The bite has been awesome early. Good luck trying to sleep tonight😁.

post-59266-0-47007100-1467412743_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-33008600-1467412762_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-95924400-1467412783_thumb.jpg

Sleep isn't going to happen knowing that fish like that are being pulled right now!!!

It has been a damn good day!!!!Myself,kenny and CaloosaBug slayed some monster gills and bass today!I'll put some pics up when I have better net access.Tight lines yall

Hey Zip, I am Caloosa Bug's dad. Looking forward to your pics. I had to create an account to see the pics that have already been posted here. I see bug posted some pics of me. Glad for y'all that he cut my face out of the pics. Ugly I am.

Gonna be down that way tomorrow buddy!I'll put some more up when I get to my house.We've had a great time!

Here's the best catch from yesterday.CaloosaBug with a 3-4lb bass caught on a foam popper.

post-3092-0-50588100-1467687279_thumb.jpg

That must have been some take!

As much as I like most any type of fishing, can't think of many things better than a bass like that jumping on a bug that you tied yourself.

On a side note, I hope you gave Caloosa heck for wearing fancy saltwater, buttoned up, fishing shirts to a camo t-shirt event. That Caterpillar hat is not fooling anyone...! Etiquette, Caloosa, etiquette... :) :) :)

Bimini....I would but I wore one the same color hahahaha!