Fly Tying

Just off the bench for it's new owner is this 9ft 9wt 4pc. Fast action IM8 graphite, custom grip with accents and fighting butt, tiger maple reel seat with nickle silver hardware, black main with rust trim and gold metallic secondary trimming.

9wt1_zpsidd6xojh.jpg

9wt2_zpsljfuiyhu.jpg

9wt3_zpsmrxlu3r1.jpg

9wt4_zpsxlu3j1ly.jpg

9wt5_zpsr3sva3zd.jpg

9wt6_zps9gkihnhu.jpg

9wt7_zpsyg2fps16.jpg

Your rods always look great! I especially like this one. Why is the cork so glossy? I there a protective covering on it? Or is it sealed?

Thanks. Thats heat shrink wrap. I put it on grips while I am building to keep the grips clean. Usually I take it off, but since there are a pair of rods going in the same tube to this person I left it on so they stay clean while together in the tube during shipping.

I bought a rod once that had protective wrap on the grip ( well more than once but this time I left it on where it was so neatly wrapped), I fished that rod I think for three years before I took off the wrap. When I did I had a brand new looking grip under there. Back in that time period I fished just about every day as long as there was open water to fish in ( I can't imagine being that ambitious now) and my favorite rods grips looked ancient by the second year or so accordingly.

Nice 9 wt Steve !

Looks great, as usual, Steve. Tiger maple is beautiful wood. And I love the wraps.

steve