Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
L. B. Fly Tyer

How do post images?

When posting, look for the button "More reply options"

More options means you can select, upload and add a picture to the post.

Also if your using the mobile version you will need to switch to the full version on the bottom of your screen to do this,

Another option is to use photobucket and paste the image link in a normal message. That will imbed your photo in your post.

if you go the photobucket method and you have uploaded the original size photo, PLEASE RESIZE your original photo to approximately 600 pixels wide. photobucket has editing tools to do that function

as with any software get in there and mess around with it. hover the mouse and see what it does. push a button and see what that does. experiment.

Flytire, what is the reason for the resize to 600? Ive never resized any of my photos and havnt noticed any problems. Are there some monitors that dont show the full photo?

I tried what you said but I just got "Error the file was too big to upload"

You have to resize them as already mentioned. I've found that by the time I get done hacking my files down to size, they aren't worth posting anymore so I just don't bother posting photos and that saves a bunch of aggravation.. The nicest photos though used to be when I posted from Smugmug but that function got broken over there when they upgraded their user pages.

I crop the heck out of my pics on the iPad, which is also my daily camera, to bring them down to size.

Between that and the questionable lighting, the results are, well... you have seen them...

if you are using photobucket you may already have your settings set to resize as you upload the photo. i dont know

upload_zpsmj1lhxhv.jpg

well if you dont resize you photo will not fit

the one below is 3888x2592 pixels

i dont know what software you use but if it works for stay with it

photography-macro-fly-tying-woolly-bugge

You have to resize them as already mentioned. I've found that by the time I get done hacking my files down to size, they aren't worth posting anymore so I just don't bother posting photos and that saves a bunch of aggravation.. The nicest photos though used to be when I posted from Smugmug but that function got broken over there when they upgraded their user pages.

instead of giving up, why not try a different hosting service that may be as good or better than smugmug? i'm sure we would all like to see what you are tying smile.png

instead of giving up, why not try a different hosting service that may be as good or better than smugmug? i'm sure we would all like to see what you are tying smile.png

You should be able to resize any picture that you take with the normal software that's on your pc. This site has one of the easiest picture uploading features from a lot of them that I go to. Most don't have direct uploads, so you have to use a place like Photobucket in order to even get a pic on them. I used to use MyFishingPictures.com besides Photobucket, until it became broke and they switched owners three or four times.

Regards,

Mark