Fly Tying
eide

December Flies from the Vise

That is some ugly water !!!

Got up to 85 today, here.

Yeah, it has been 70F most of the day today. Tonight it is 65F. There's supposed to be 3 feet of snow and -10F this time of year.

post-60238-0-11289700-1482809014_thumb.jpg

Did my first real winter fixing this morning think if was around 15f out, had to keep breaking the ice of my guides cause my line was getting iced in

Did my first real winter fixing this morning think if was around 15f out, had to keep breaking the ice of my guides cause my line was getting iced in

Did you catch anything to make it worth going out in those temps?

Nope bit it was fun, no regrets I've never really considered over 10 to be cold, chilly yes but not really cold, -10 is where it realy starts to get cold imo

Nope bit it was fun, no regrets I've never really considered over 10 to be cold, chilly yes but not really cold, -10 is where it realy starts to get cold imo

I agree, I like the cold as well. Has to be below 0 for me to even worry about a jacket. But I do live in a very dry climate, you feel the cold more when it's humid.

Soon as I'm done with breakfast I'm hitting ( wading-no waders ) the flats here near the space center. Water is about 74 and air will be low 80s AND the water is getting gin clear finally.

What's the dubbing on the head of that one Dan? Great color combo!

J

Arizona Mega Simi-Seal --- Canadian Olive

captain caveman

attachicon.gifcc.jpg

Professional work.

Thanks dude

It is professional....he must be on pro staff somewhere.

J

Yep. I am on all prostaffs

hi dan, how do you like that owner deep throat hook...it,s my bass bug hook of choice..great for divers and plunkers because of the 60 degree shank..do you ty jet bugs...this is the hook for that.. the bug will plunk in one spot for ever.

I am fairly new to the hooks honestly. I use Owner hooks for like 99% of my bass fishing with conventional gear. Tying on them is no different. They are quality hooks for sure.

hi dan, thanks for your comments about the hook..i just want to add that the deep throat and longer flat shank in the back make a nice platform for tying in material for the tail, leaving lots of room for a body..just a neat hook...sharp too.

Just a little update. The "Soda Can Minnow" doesn't ride like I thought it would.

It looks good in the water, but I didn't get any hits on it today, so the fish might not agree with me.

hi mike, i don,t know if you want to put more time into the scm but you may want to try an e-poxy coat or two...the added weight may keep the belly down, make casting better, and add a little shine to attract fish...just a thought.

Just a little update. The "Soda Can Minnow" doesn't ride like I thought it would.

attachicon.gifsoda can minnow 2016 run.jpg

It looks good in the water, but I didn't get any hits on it today, so the fish might not agree with me.

Clamp a split-shot sinker to the inside of that bottom hole. You can epoxy it in place too.

post-60238-0-82501200-1482981149_thumb.jpg