Fly Tying
Flat Rock native

BUTTE UGLY Flies That Catch Fish--Proposing a Swap, 2017 ed.

I want to get in on this swap but don't want to make a commitment this far in advance ( anything could happen in the next 3 months). Could you add me to the standby list?

Yes

Thinking of A Deadline of April 15, 2017. That can be a Butte Ugly Day in U.S. of A. Butte, we can still have FUN.

By then all my 2016... Swaps and Donations are completed, and I will have learned enough (hopefully) to be a SwampMeister, but would gladly defer that title to another.

Limited to 1st Fifteen Entrants. Must tie 15 copies, plus 2 Wild Cards...

Submittals must be personally certified to have caught fish, or must be presented in a style, that has historically caught fish.

FReSh or Salt patterns ok

Other ideas for swap guidelines gladly, considered

Welcome more Ideas Updated Rulles 12-15-16

Having noted some squeals from Silver County, Montana about naming rights to this proposed swap, the eligible patterns may now include anything With Copper, or orange (close enough); anything snakey like baby Anacondas, or anything someone from Butte, MT said would catch fish... Ok, any fly with a story about catching something will likely work

And anything Pink; especially if the Nacho Macho guys just think it is too pretty, yes, it is Butte Ugly

We are planning to open this swap tomorrow... A special invitation is extended to mikechell because we need his Panfish Attractors... Bimini15 also gets a spot, we want to see a fly to catch some Peacock Bass.. JSmysxzck gets a nod for his favorite Wooly Worm...BEAUTY in EYE of beholder...

We have several pre-registrations..this may fill up fast

I completed 6 swaps and a PHS gift so I am now ok to hold the swap... in case FRoamer is concerned still concerned ..✌️...

Let's get Butte Ugly

I'll see what I can do.

I don't carry all the "ingredients" on the road, or I could do them from my hotel. I will be home for the next two weeks, but after 6 weeks straight away from home, I don't think I'll be doing ANY tying while there.

I am sure your swap will fill up, and this one fly won't be missed at all.

I'll see what I can do.

I don't carry all the "ingredients" on the road, or I could do them from my hotel. I will be home for the next two weeks, but after 6 weeks straight away from home, I don't think I'll be doing ANY tying while there.

I am sure your swap will fill up, and this one fly won't be missed at all.

I get it... You should be out fishing when home when not enjoying the company of family... Those are my priorities too... Only used to tie from Halloween to April Fool's day, unless I destroyed or lost all of go-to ...

I want to get in on this swap but don't want to make a commitment this far in advance ( anything could happen in the next 3 months). Could you add me to the standby list?

Yes

Let me know if I should put you on the list...