Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Strong with the force I am

I still don't know though (since I'm not a Star Wars fan) is that a light saber handle or something? I saw you say "the force is with me...". Just wondering if that's what it's supposed to resemble. If so, that's actually really awesome!

Yep. The customer is a huge Star Wars fan. He had me do a Harley Davidson themed rod for his Dad a couple years ago and has been wanting this Star Wars themed rod for himself every since then. It is going to be done to look somewhat like a light saber. The decal on the grip is actually the "Rebel Alliance" logo which the customer whom runs a custom printing business designed and made himself just for this build.

Is this fan on the site, Steve. dry.png

If not ... send him my condolences ... LONG LIVE THE SITH !!! wink.png

Darth_Maul_profile.jpg

laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png

I still don't know though (since I'm not a Star Wars fan) is that a light saber handle or something? I saw you say "the force is with me...". Just wondering if that's what it's supposed to resemble. If so, that's actually really awesome!

Yep. The customer is a huge Star Wars fan. He had me do a Harley Davidson themed rod for his Dad a couple years ago and has been wanting this Star Wars themed rod for himself every since then. It is going to be done to look somewhat like a light saber. The decal on the grip is actually the "Rebel Alliance" logo which the customer whom runs a custom printing business designed and made himself just for this build.

That's cool!

That is awesome! And I would say that even if I wasn't a huge Star Wars geek. :)

In fact, that's going on my Wish List, except I want mine to make the cool lightsaber-cutting-through-air sound when I cast! :-D

I think that there is nothing better than a personalized whatever you want. First off, you know that no one else will have one like it, and second, if it does ever disappear, it can be easily identified in the hands of someone that is not the owner.

I just like the fact that both the customer and Steve have the ability to think outside the box and create something that is unique to them, or the planet. I customized the rod I ordered from Steve, just like everyone else, and it makes it uniquely mine.

Blane

Love it! Hey Steve can you do a Playboy themed rod?

Life is too short not to be whimsical at times? A storm trooper rod would rock too.

Once when I was a kid sitting on the porch of a friend with lots of different kids around of mixed ethnicity his mom walks up, she is a black minister, she smiled really big. She then laughed really loud and said, "variety is the spice of life!" I thought it corny then but now I look back and think man she was right.

If everything was the same it would be a boring ass place!

Oh yeah! Princess Leia rocks in the costume with Jabba!

I came back to see this again!

No negativity here! Well, other than my jealousy! This is a cool idea, that came out looking awesome!

Love it! Hey Steve can you do a Playboy themed rod?

Now that would be fun to do, the ideas for something like that are endless! biggrin.png

Well, I don't know about "endless" ... but MY rod would have to be a 15 weight or larger !!!