Fly Tying
vicrider

Christmas pictures...and comments from Santa

Hah, my twins are in Oregon and MN, my wife and son are visiting family in VA, and I get to celebrate with the two dogs and our new 55" TV with all the built in options. Gives me plenty of time to catch up and naps and track missing Santa boxes. At least we know where yours is Hannah and Mike is going to help us out and now I'm down to one unknown.

If the weather and wind eases up like it's supposed to tomorrow I may just go and try to catch a fish on Christmas. That would be a good present.

Mike, I'll pm you later.

Thanks for the compliment Mike! It means a lot coming from a seasoned tyer like you. I hope they serve you well.

I'll be opening mine in the morning, and hopefully I'll have a few from you to throw on Okeechobee this week. That would be awesome ! We'll see...

Well... Time to open packages, and guess what I got...!?

post-52874-0-06329000-1514169990_thumb.jpeg

That is a very nice collection of shrimp flies from LilDave, plus some extra cool bugs (not sure whose, Mike W, maybe?) and some eyes. I am super excited about all of them.

Thank you Vic for organizing and LilDave for the fantastic ties. Owed thank you to others, until I find out who you are.

Would love to know who got mine, so chime in.

You're more than welcome Bimini. Please let me know how the shrimp go when you get a chance to fish them :).

I believe my present came from vicrider himself.

Whoo hoo! Merry Christmas to me, from Mike West. I'm sure the chobee bucket mouths will approve. Thanks to everyone who participated. And a big thanks to Santa! (vicrider). I'm super excited to play with my presents.

post-59266-0-51392600-1514216628_thumb.jpg

Jealous of those that get to hit the rivers today! Merry Christmas, and tight lines!

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍 on e-postcard, love it, Happy Holidays

Opened a fantastic assortment from BigRedFan and I thank him and vicrider for the efforts. There was a bounty of flies and material, and I've been needing a compartment box as it happened as well. Glad this is an annual swap

Will add the picture later. Thanks to Mainard for his terrific box of flies. Vicrider did an amazing job of coordinating a swap this large. Thanks for the extra materials. That is a big enough job by itself. Nick, if you come to Minnesota to visit your kid, let me know and I will take you out for a day of bass fishing on Lake Minnetonka.

Tom

I missed at first some extra goodies that were in the envelope, so those did not make it to the picture.

Vic, I don’t want you to think anything got lost on its way.