Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Bryon Anderson

Any of you kayak guys have thoughts about the Anchor Wizard?

I have a NuCanoe (dealer) and run with my 110 lb. lab all the time. I run a plastic coffee can (Folgers 10 oz.) with concrete and a piece of chain for calm water and a chunk of 2 x 2 steel hitch bar for white water. never had a problem with the end pulling under as long as there is sufficient length of rope out. I stand in white water also, just how stable these yaks are.

Lots and lots of great things being said about NuCanoes in the last couple years.

The general public sees people F-ing around with wallly-world-bought pieces of crap and they ASSume all kayaks are the same.

I have a NuCanoe (dealer) and run with my 110 lb. lab all the time. I run a plastic coffee can (Folgers 10 oz.) with concrete and a piece of chain for calm water and a chunk of 2 x 2 steel hitch bar for white water. never had a problem with the end pulling under as long as there is sufficient length of rope out. I stand in white water also, just how stable these yaks are.

Lots and lots of great things being said about NuCanoes in the last couple years.

The general public sees people F-ing around with wallly-world-bought pieces of crap and they ASSume all kayaks are the same.

Yah that's true. I have both a Wilderness Systems Pungo 14ft and my wife has a 12 ft. Also an Old Town Camper Canoe 16ft that we use to power up river and river camp with. Then we paddle to our fishing holes. I wouldn't want that semi V bottom of the Pungo in a rocky river situation where big rocks might be just under the surface and my wife wouldn't kayak solo in a river anyway. So it's the canoe for us and has been for 22 years coming up this season. But bottom line be it canoe or kayak, you do need the right tool for the job.

Maybe those Wally World kayaks are all some folks can afford.

What he said !!!

absolutely no problem with that, AT ALL. The issues appear when people with no abilities, no skills, or no situational awareness take them places and do things which they have no business doing.