Fly Tying
vicrider

The Vikings...'Nuff said

What a game. I have been away from MN for 7 years now and though I have not really followed the NFL the last few years I did sit down and watch the game Sunday night since the people back in MN said they for real this year and wouldn't just take a knee. So after a lackluster first half with the Vikqueens controlling both the offense and defense it looked like they would have an easy trip to playoff final. Ah, but the Viking curse could be seen starting to unfold when a field goal that would have been big goes wide and three points go down the drain, and the second half the drain became unclogged and the Vikes of old began to let it slip away. Sure enough, with clock management handled poorly by both teams the end comes down to a 'game winning" field goal for the V to win the game, right?

Well the Purple People Eaters vaunted defense goes into the supposed two minute defense, which I have never understood since it leaves so much yardage open to a guy like Brees to pick apart the middle for big chunks and he powers down to a field goal. Then when Saints could have churned clock down to nothing left for Vikes they end kicking their "game winning" field goal with just a few ticks left on the clock. Well the Saints have their version of the last seconds drill designed to leave the middle open, tackle anyone in bounds and keep the clock running. So with nothing left on the clock, a hail Mary to far from the End Zone, Keenum fires a school yard lob to Diggs on the sideline, who am I sure had instructions to get immediately out of bounds to give their kicker a shot. Well Diggs goes high make a circus catch and the Saint defender who was behind dives for his legs and MISSES. Not only does he miss but he takes out the double coverage back who was in front of Diggs and could have made a play. So Diggs spins, almost goes down, almost steps out of bounds, and suddenly finds an open field in front as time expires. The roar of Mnpls/St.Paul was said to have been heard clearly in Duluth and some even say the Canadian Border.

Unbelievable.. how did Stone cold Steve Austin come off the sidelines to tackle Williams, allowing Diggs to score as time ran out?

Go Jaguars and Eagles.

post-59266-0-13053900-1516047584_thumb.jpg

Actually, if a "rassler" was to do something like that I'd think it was our ex-governor and WFF legend Jesse "The Body" Ventura.

No idea what you're going on about, Vic.

Your viking stories are weird compared to what I remember from my childhood days !!!

You're correct poopdeck, and I fixed that. Reading the thread would tip most of us off that I was talking about the defense giving up the middle during the supposed "two minute defense" that has lost teams more football games than it's ever won. Regardless of my mistake, it was a heck of a game and as exciting a last 2 minutes as football can produce.

Agreed. It was a great game to watch and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I did not want to have to face drew Brees in the NFC championship game so the end was very pleasing to me.