Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

More changes in the shop/office

Last week I decided to downsize a tad on aquariums, nothing too major, but with my rod business being so busy and so many fishing trips every spring/summer it just had been getting to be too much for me to keep up on 7 big tanks. So I decided to downsize to 5 tanks and sold the 125g frontosa colony tank as well as one of the 120g tanks. So after those tanks were out I redid the areas where they were. Moved the 75g Oscar tank over into the L shaped tank corner /sitting area so now all three of those tanks side by side have nice looking 3d background that I made for them so it looks good over there.

In the spot where the 6ft 125g tank was I redid that area to match the rest of the room. Then scored a great deal on a nice armoir for only $40 which I added a shelf to and now use as a place to store fishing gear between trips. Still have a lot of tanks but now that I downsized a bit I should be going from 10hrs per week cleaning tanks to about 3-4hrs per week so that will make life much easier.

Worst part is I'm not as young as I use to be. Had to help the guy that bought the two big tanks carry them upstairs. Must have hurt my back/core because I'm really feeling it today. Sucks getting old.

1XYdMF.jpg
WSWVpG.jpg
0EKhkY.jpg
RsZJKu.jpg
ulmb6U.jpg

rsfG4n.jpg
RF9buO.jpg
a4pjJz.jpg
nsqUSV.jpg

i like the tanks. The malawi tanks is always impressive. I should do this with my breeder males and stop breeding fish.''

Oscars are always friendly beasts. The gold severum is huge. Why the goldfish???

Nice man cave

Chris

There's 5 koi and 5 goldfish in that tank right now. Those are my pond fish but with this brutally cold winter this year I brought them inside till spring.

I'm not sure if Josh is heading there this time or not. He usually does, but I know he has been cutting back on the shows and focusing more on online sales for his business now.

Ooo ooo ooo, that's looking fantastic !!! I sure hope the weekend of the 16th is a go !!!

I'm hoping so Mike, long as I'm back to normal by then. Keeping my fingers crossed I didn't do something lifting those tanks yesterday. Got some pretty good soreness around the groin area today and with my past issues with multiple hernias through my life I'm hoping it's just a strain/pull and not something like I have had before.

Yeeaaahhh ... just to be clear ... I ain't massaging sore parts !!!dry.png

But I would still in for the visit. I think it'll still be too cold for ME to go fishing. happy.png

Hernia repair is like a patch inside a tire, the hole remains. A doc told me they never go away, the patch reinforces it and keeps your guts from getting strangled in the gap. So it's still a weak or vulnerable spot. FWIW. And you can pull a stitch out if you were sown up or a bit of mesh can tear out if you were meshed up.. I have mesh on the right side and now and then it lets me know it is in there. Don't get constipated or backed up, it pushes on it.

I like those long work benches ! You can keep the fish, been there done that, or actually the wife did with my help. But you do a nice job with them though.

Yeah I've always had issues with hernia/groin/my stomach. Had a couple hernia surgeries in my 20's, one was for a double hernia. Then had that big problem in June 2017 where I was in the hospital for a few days with a hernia and a twisted intestine. I'm hoping this is just a strain or pull or something. Been doing nothing but laying around for the past 24hrs now trying to see if it goes away.

Wow! Very nice! Hope you heal up well.

Our whole cabin is either knotty pine or logs - I have been tempted to make one room something other than bare wood . . . but have never screwed up the courage.

Your oscar tank reminds me of one we had. He was a big 'ol tiger oscar that was hand tamed, would beg and rub for a "feeder fish". Probably 3+ lbs when he finally floated and maybe 14 years old. Quite the guy. Ate 2" feeders and was intolerant of any new additions we attempted but never bothered the little corydorus catfish we had in with him - and a plecky of the same age that was about 15" who we donated to a local pet store.

Feeling better than I was for sure. Still got a bit of tenderness but been getting a lot of rest the past couple weeks and also taking an antibiotic and anti inflammatory. I'd say I'm about 75% now. Still not sure exactly what it was. I don't think it was a hernia because I've had a few of those over the years and this kind'a felt different. I'm thinking it was some sort of weird bad strain that is just taking it's sweet time to fully heal up.

Thanks for asking.