Fly Tying
troutfly7

PA fisherman

Ligonier, PA in the Laurel Highlands of SW Pa. As good as the fishing is, I'd still rather be in South Central and North Central Pa when it comes to chasing trout. Closer to home, it's all about the Loyalhann, Laurel Hill and Bob's Creek when I get over the Bedford Co.

hello everyone ,

i am a beginner fly tier and fly fisherman just wondering if any one fishes the northeast part of pennsylvania and if so what are ur top flys for fishing it.

thank you

Uniontown, here. I fish Fayette and Somerset Counties, and the Erie tribs when I fish instate. Im from Utah, and head back out west two or three times a year. I have friends and relatives in Utah to stay with, and from there we head for Idaho, or Wyoming.

wow, quite a bump for a 2005 post!! I grew up in Warren. I've been all over this world and haven't found an area as rich in fishing diversity and public accessibility as what is in northwest Pennsylvania. Funny how when I go back and visit, which is nowhere near often enough, all people do is bitch about how the fishing and hunting isn't as good as it "should be"... I don't know. I had a couple days last time when I caught 15 to 20 rainbows and browns in a stream for a few hours in the morning, then that many smallmouths plus walleyes and pike in the river in the evening. How much better is it supposed to be?

How did I miss this one? SE PA. Philadelphia to be exact.

My home stream

gallery48b0a35f7a428.jpg

Washington County here, just a couple hundred yards from Allegheny county. My brother has an

A- frame in the Laurel highlands area and he and I are trying to learn how to fly fish on Laurel Creek, in the mean time h is raising three kids between 4 and 1 years old. In other words he doesn't have much time and recruited me to figure it out and teach him. :rolleyes:

In the mean time I fish a little local lake that the township purchased from the water company about 15 years ago. There are 10 pound bass in that lake ,at least one anyway.

Roy