Fly Tying
flytire

August Flies From the Vise

1st Try at this easy rabbit streamer. 

Kimo- inspiring work As usual.  I am ordering some supplies to try and learn to tie a Scud after seeing some of yours.

DSC_0101.jpeg

Does anyone know if I am doing something wrong uploading pictures? The picture is not even close to as crisp as it is on my computer prior to upload. It looses quality when I post it. Any advice?

Thanks

Pbass some of these guys are as proficient with a camera as they are at the vise. light rings, backgrounds, macro photos, digital editing I would need to take a class to understand what they are talking about so I just point and shoot resize and post.

4 minutes ago, cphubert said:

Pbass some of these guys are as proficient with a camera as they are at the vise. light rings, backgrounds, macro photos, digital editing I would need to take a class to understand what they are talking about so I just point and shoot resize and post.

I totally agree! I have seen some really great photography here. 

Do you resize your pictures?  It's possible that the "smaller" picture presented on the post is fuzzier than the full size image.

12 minutes ago, mikechell said:

Do you resize your pictures?  It's possible that the "smaller" picture presented on the post is fuzzier than the full size image.

Didn’t resize it at all.

6 minutes ago, Mogup said:

The planets are a little out of focus.

Ya hard to get it to focus on the entire galaxy at once 😀

That's what I'm referring to.  Try resizing to less than 1000x600.  I drop most of mine to 800x600 or less.

33 minutes ago, mikechell said:

That's what I'm referring to.  Try resizing to less than 1000x600.  I drop most of mine to 800x600 or less.

Ok thanks! I will give it a shot

On 8/8/2020 at 7:29 PM, Pbass said:

Does anyone know if I am doing something wrong uploading pictures? The picture is not even close to as crisp as it is on my computer prior to upload. It looses quality when I post it. Any advice?

Thanks

C

15 hours ago, Kimo said:

PBass,
It's couple of things. I'm cheating. I do this kind of stuff professionally.
First I am using a macro lense, which helps immensely.
Also, I am using Photostacking which lets me combine multiple photos and takes the sharpest focusing points and combines them.
Finally, your image size is 1200px X 800px and mine are 2048px X 1315px,  which is 70% bigger in terms of the amount of pixels.
 To top it off the board software enlarges your photo bigger than mine but without the same amount of pixels.
Bottom line,
Mine - Smaller Photo, more pixels
Yours - Larger Photo, less pixels

Kimo

Kimo- Thank you for all of this information. I understand some but not all of it. I recognized right away the first time I saw one of your photos that you were not an average camera user. I have a professional Photographer in the family that has tried to teach me some things. I also have worked with a graphic arts team that did in house marketing Photos for the largest salad dressing company in the US.  So I have seen  been around it enough to recognize professional photos. And yours were undoubtedly professional. That said, hanging around with professionals does not make me one. LOL

And I do not have a macro lens or good lighting at all. I have an old Nikon D200 that I really enjoy and a D3300 that I use regularly. The photo was taken with the D3300.

What I do not understand is that My photo info shows 6000 x 4000. is that the same as 1200 x 800?  I was not really comparing my photo to your photos at all. I was comparing my original photo as it appears on my computer to the same photo after posted on the website. I am not sure why the photo is degraded on the website. I would think 6000 x 4000 would be big enough to expand. I don't know..

Thank you