Fly Tying
WWKimba

J. Stockard Fly Fishing offering free tying tools

Our very popular 'Just Simply Tools' brand features economy fly tying tools that are perfect for beginning fly tyers, great as travel tools or super additions to your tool collection when you'd just like a spare - think extra bobbins, scissors or tweezers! Now through Friday, place a $50+ order, and you'll get some of these tools for free with promo code tools20!

Spend $50 - get three free tools - 4" scissor, a stainless bobbin and a material spring ($8 value),
Spend $100 - get five free tools - the three tools above plus a bobbin threader and tweezers ($13 value), or
Get our BEST DEAL - spend $150, get 8 free tools - all five above plus bodkin, whip finisher and a black hex hair stacker ($25 value).

* Details for how to qualify: Place a $50+ order online, add promo code tools20 click apply and the correct set of free tools will be automatically added to your cart based on your order size! One promo code per customer. Offer good only while supplies last. Offer expires 10/16/20.

I just got this in an E-mail today and thought I'd share (sorry, the picture of the tools didn't copy).  The whip finisher that they showed in the picture was a Thomson-style if that helps any.  I have probably ordered at least half of my tying supplies through this company over the past year r two and have always been pleased with their service - if this helps any.

Kim

NOTE:  This offer runs out in 3 days.  J. Stockard does many revolving offers like this on a regular basis though.

Kim, I always have a big problem with these offers. It isn't that some of them are good deals and yes, I have taken advantage of a few and trade with JS often, I just get pissed that to get something "FREE" you have to spend money. How can it be free if you have to spend money to get it? It's like the deals of buy one and get one free, "Just pay separate S&H" which is often nearly the same as the one you bought anyway. So yes, there can be good deals but it just pisses me off they continue to call them "FREE".

9 hours ago, vicrider said:

Kim, I always have a big problem with these offers. It isn't that some of them are good deals and yes, I have taken advantage of a few and trade with JS often, I just get pissed that to get something "FREE" you have to spend money. How can it be free if you have to spend money to get it? It's like the deals of buy one and get one free, "Just pay separate S&H" which is often nearly the same as the one you bought anyway. So yes, there can be good deals but it just pisses me off they continue to call them "FREE".

Not to mention the "free stuff" is of no real value if you don't need it.  They need a promoter who better understands what they are selling and who they are selling it to...  The free items are probably ones they couldn't sell the normal way...but the ad DOES say "economy fly tying tools" at the top (which to my way of thinking does little for their otherwise fine image). Why not try to impress me with the "quality" of the items in your inventory instead?   That said, they did get our attention.

Bill I was looking more at the items for new tyers angle that they were promoting - that's why I posted it here.  Also, (not copied) they went on to say that this was part of a longer promotion (month long if I remember correctly) of a 15% off all tying tools.

Kim

The tools were free and the tools work just fine and are more then serviceable. Had I needed anything I would have jumped on that and I would have gladly excepted and used the free tools. Thanks for alerting others Kimba. 

i recently sent in a large order for mustad hooks ($$$) and politely asked if they would include a package of straight intruder shanks to my order and adjust my payment to suit

nope! they wouldnt even do it and i have been a very good supporter ($$$$) of jstockad for many years. they said the order was "in process" (the  order was only hours old) and couldnt be changed. i highly doubt they picked the materials out of the bins or off of the pegboards! needless to say, i think that was my last order

even though they have some good deals (not all of them are applicable to me) i guess it may be time to change to a new tying material supplier

51 minutes ago, flytire said:

i recently sent in a large order for mustad hooks ($$$) and politely asked if they would include a package of straight intruder shanks to my order and adjust my payment to suit

nope! they wouldnt even do it and i have been a very good supporter ($$$$) of jstockad for many years. they said the order was "in process" (the  order was only hours old) and couldnt be changed. i highly doubt they picked the materials out of the bins or off of the pegboards! needless to say, i think that was my last order

even though they have some good deals (not all of them are applicable to me) i guess it may be time to change to a new tying material supplier

It's quite possible that the person answer your email message "didn't know how" to make all of the changes that would be required, and was just following their standard policy.   Just a thought.  I had to make about 8 phone calls to one financial services company to get the error they made resolved.  Heck, 50% of the time I make a special request at a fast food restaurant they mess it up!   Maybe that's just part of life in the 21st century, where "everything" is automated?   : )