Fly Tying
petelangevin

Cleaning day

I can see my desktop again.  Went thru all my assorted drawers and unloaded the junk.  I still have a way to go but its going well.  

67D6B215-412C-4970-9D73-F26216C5DFEC.jpeg

I need to get me one of those white mats. My eyes are starting to complain.

This is about as clean as it gets for me:

C8B06B72-B773-491B-8965-87C11A36B672.thumb.jpeg.321399bd4922e49fe90b4e867819929b.jpeg

But most of the time it closer to this...

EE39F34E-3B03-4FA6-812D-1EDECEDFB7E2.thumb.jpeg.180548a6bfaf7a447b5ff2b215de84b4.jpeg

17 hours ago, Bimini15 said:

This is about as clean as it gets for me

Looks nice and compact, Bimini.  What is that metal clip in the top left of your desk in the 1st picture? 

4 minutes ago, Bimini15 said:

Chip bag clip that doubles as dubbing loop tool.

Thanks,

Looks perfect for that, all I ever see are the big plastic ones.   Any idea where you got it?

Not exactly, but I have seen them in Amazon. It is by no means perfect but I can’t justify the price of the real thing for as little as I use it.

Back to the OP, I like the idea of a compact bench that closes or slides like Pete’s, but it gets crowded quickly.

Yes the sliding tray is a pain if you have to close up the cabinet.   Its in an unused room so its never closed.   I have stuff  on the doors inside and out.   We had a fold down desk as a kid,  governor winthrop style.  It was mahogany and i was told to stay away.   Lol   It was an antique then.   I bet those are everywhere in the northeast,  out of style so they can be had reasonably today.   I was going to paint the inside of my cabinet but am thinking contact paper will be easier.   

today i painted up some bead chain for crab eyes.   

E3A4031E-6F40-4E27-A310-00E5D7A3ECBB.jpeg

I covered my table top with white poster paper.  Cheap and easily replaced when needed.  It eases eyestrain, makes things easier to find, and just generally brightens things up.

3 hours ago, dave said:

I covered my table top with white poster paper.  Cheap and easily replaced when needed.  It eases eyestrain, makes things easier to find, and just generally brightens things up.

My Grandfather used to put on clambakes/parties and we used to cover the tables with brown craft paper - bought by the large roll.  We did have white as well that we used sometimes.  If I had it I'd opt for the brown - if you can't see the mess then it's not there! :)

Kim